Chapter 47

The Avengers load up on to a spacecraft and, after a quick jump through space, arrive at their destination. Carol volunteers to fly down and do a quick recon of the planet.

Thor pats Loki on the shoulder. "Don't worry brother, this will work."

"I know it will..." Loki pauses as he thinks about Rhi. "'Cause I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't."

                                           * * *

Carol charges in the small hut where Thanos was staying and grabs him, quickly followed by Bruce and Rhodey who each hold his arms while Thor comes in and cuts the gauntlet off his arm.

Loki quickly marches into the hut and grabs the gauntlet, but then immediately drops it when he realizes the stones are missing.

"No..." He says barely above a whisper as he is frozen in shock, for any chance of getting back his soulmate...were now lost.

"Where are they?" Steve questions

"Answer the question." Carol sneers as she tightens her hold on Thanos.

"The universe required correction." Thanos strained. "After that, the stones served no purpose beyond temptation."

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce shouts as he throws Thanos to the ground.

"You should be grateful." Thanos spits 

"Where are the stones?" Nat's says with tear filled eyes along with rage behind her voice. 

"Gone...reduced to atoms." Thanos says

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce states.

"I used the stones, to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am inevitable."

"We have to tear this place apart! He has to be lying!" Rhodey says as he looks around in a panic.

"My father is many things." Nebula cuts in. "A liar, is not one of them."

"Ah, thank you daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly..."

Before he could continue, Loki snaps out of his shocked state and uses Hofund to slice off Thanos' head.

"What?" Banner says dumbfounded as he watches Loki silently walk out of the hut.

"What did he do?" Rockets shouts

Thor looks out to Loki. "He went for the head."

* * *

Despite their protests, Loki...rather forcefully, convinced everyone to drop him off back in Sakaar, where the Grandmaster was now back in charge as the revolution had ultimately failed.

There Loki, having nothing else to live for, volunteered to be the Grandmaster's next champion.

Everyone else went their separate ways as they thought all hope was lost.

Or was it...

************************************************