99 Take Off Your Wedding Dress

People in the room looked in the direction of the sound at the same time, and I saw Frade standing at the door in a black suit. His appearance immediately attracted the attention of the saleswomen. They looked at him with curiosity and admiration.

Sarah immediately passed the other woman over to Frade. She put her arms around Frade's neck and said in a cheerful voice, "You're late, darling!"

Her words and actions seemed to show off to all the women in the room. She told them that the man belonged to her.

The clerks immediately guessed their relationship. So they quickly lowered their heads and withdrew their adoring eyes. I turned my head away from them. Then I heard Frade whisper to Sarah.

"I gave you enough money to buy 100 pairs of shoes," he said, taking a black card from his wallet and slipping it into Sarah's hand. "Pick out your wedding dress and don't get me in trouble."

Sarah looked upset. She still wanted to say something to him, but Frade gave her a look and she stopped talking. To end the awkwardness, Lucea took Joan away. The clerk who works for Sarah went to get her and Frade drinks.

We all agreed to forget what had just happened.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom and followed Joan. I stopped her as she came down the stairs.

"Hey, Joan."

"Hey." She turned and looked at me with embarrassed eyes. She clutched the cleaning tool in her hand and didn't dare to look at me.

"We've met before, don't you remember?" I tried to speak to her in a calm tone. She winced as if I were trying to give her a hard time.

She looked up at me, as if remembering where we'd met before. Soon she remembered, and she said incredulously.

"Oh, I remember. You gave me the food," said Joan. "I didn't expect to see you here, miss."

"You can call me Eva," I said. "So you got a job here?"

I remember her telling me that she was fired from the union. Her husband divorced her and she lived alone with her children.

"Now I've lost my job," said Joan sadly. "I have to take my son to the food line again."

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to help you." I began to regret my impulsive behavior. If I had chosen to ignore it, I wouldn't have upset Sarah. And Joan wouldn't lose her job.

"Oh, don't say that," said Joan, "It's very kind of you, Eva, but I don't think I can stay here any longer. I have to pick up my salary for this month."

If I had any cash on me now, I'd put it in Joan's hand. Yet I know that there is little I can do to help.

"Can you give me your number?" I said. "Maybe we can be friends."

"I'm afraid people of my class can't make friends with a lady like you," said Joan humbly. "We're different."

"My friend knows someone in the union. Maybe I can get him to get you a job," I lied.

"That would be great."

Joan left me her number, so I put it on my phone. She left with a few words of thanks, and even though I didn't know anyone in the union, I assured her that I would do everything I could to find her a job.

I'm sure if I went to Daley for help, he wouldn't say no.

By the time I got back to the VIP room, Sarah was in the fitting room trying on a wedding dress.

Lucea walked towards me as soon as she saw me coming back. "Miss Green, do you want to try on the dress now?"

"All right," I said. "Just try on that dress you recommended."

Then Lucea took me to the fitting room where she helped me put on my wedding dress. This wedding dress fits me perfectly. When I look in the mirror, the diamonds on my wedding dress are shining, as if a circle of silver light around me.

I looked in the mirror and saw Frade sitting on the couch staring at me. The moment I saw him in the mirror, my heart started pounding. He saw me.

Sarah's voice came from behind. She is trying on a wedding dress in the dressing room next to mine. She appeared in front of the mirror in a fishtail wedding dress.

She looked at her in her wedding dress, and then she noticed me in the mirror.

"I want to try this dress on," Sarah said, pointing to my dress.

"Sorry, I've decided on this dress." I sneered at her. "You can try on another one."

"I said I wanted the dress," Sarah said, raising her voice. The shop assistant standing next to her was at a loss at once.

Then Frade stood up. "Sarah, I think you'd look great in this dress."

"B.ullshit!" Sarah turned and glared at Frade. "Frade, I'm only going to say this once. I want the dress she's wearing, and if you're not going to help me, then shut up!"

Then Sarah snapped at me. "Take off your wedding dress, now."

"No!" I refused her outright.

"If you don't, I'll tell Daley what you did before," Sarah said in a voice that only we could hear, "And I'm going to put a picture of you and Frade on a yacht in the press. Do you think Daley will still marry you?"

I glared at her. She didn't look like she was lying. So I gave in. I wasn't worried that Daley wouldn't marry me, but that she would actually publish a picture of me and Frade to the press, and that my lie would be caught.

I lied to Frade that I didn't know him. If he remembers anything, I dare not imagine what would happen.\

No, I can't make it worse. I have no choice. I had no choice but to marry Daley for my revenge.

"Okay," I said as I walked into the fitting room. I looked in the mirror and saw Frade's puzzled eyes following me.

When I changed out of my wedding dress, Lucea handed the vintage dress to Sarah. When I saw Sarah standing in front of me in this dress, I felt terrible.

Even though I tried on other wedding dresses, I couldn't get myself excited.

I really like that wedding dress. Maybe there are some things I can't forget when I first look at them.

So do people.

I saw Sarah standing in front of the mirror in my favorite wedding dress, and she was so proud of herself after getting the dress she wanted. Frade, in his groom's outfit, came up to Sarah, who was leaning against him to take a selfie on her phone. At this moment, they look so well matched.

She had the wedding dress I loved, and the man I loved.

"Do you like that wedding dress?" A gentle voice came from behind me, as if a cool breeze was caressing the back of my neck.

I almost shivered.