81 Who Are You?

"How dare you..." Gina's carefully made-up face began to contort before she could finish her sentence. Soon she fell to the ground.

I knew the cocktail with the potion was working, so I took the pain and pulled the fork out of the back of my hand. Blood gushed out at once. I quickly took out a thick tissue from the carton and pressed it against the bleeding wound.

Sometimes, because of the hunter's negligence, the prey will take the opportunity to bite back. I was careless. The present situation has broken my original plan. I thought I'd just knock Gina out and drag her off to a secluded location for questioning. I had to get Lydia's death out of her mouth, but she got to me first. In case anyone noticed, I dragged Gina with one hand and locked her in the last bathroom.

When I was done, a woman in a black evening dress came in. When she found the blood on the floor, her eyes widened. She covered her mouth and tried not to scream. So I pretended not to see her and quickly walked out of the bathroom with my head down. She's gonna call security, and I'm gonna disappear as fast as I can.

I was hurrying down the hallway when I bumped into a man's strong arms. When I looked up, Mark stood in front of me.

"Eva, Miss, are you hurt?" Mark stared at the bloody tissue on the back of my hand.

"It's nothing. I can handle it," I said politely.

"I need to get you to the hospital right away," Mark said sternly. "Daley told me to keep you safe. You have to come with me to the hospital now."

"OK, but please don't let Daley know." I didn't want him to know that I had been bitten. He had seen me down and out so much.

"Let's go." Mark took off his coat and put it over my wrist as he led me to the VIP elevator.

So Mark drove me to the hospital. On arrival at Santa María, Mark rushed me to the emergency room to find a doctor. When he told the nurse on duty the name of the Logan family, the arrogant woman immediately called the Doctor to treat me.

The male doctor treated my wound. I lay on the couch, watching as the doctor stitched up the back of my injured hand. There was blood on my right hand, and the fork wound looked like it had been bitten by a wild animal. F.ucking Wildcats!

The doctor was kind enough to prescribe me a bottle of painkiller after the wound was bandaged. He handed the pills to Mark, who was sitting outside the operating room, and gave him my dosage each time.

Mark listened carefully. He told me to wait for him in a chair outside the operating room. Soon I saw him coming over with two cans of soda. Mark undid my canned ring before he handed me the soda.

Mark frowned when I took a cold sip of soda and threw the painkillers in the trash.

"The doctor says you need to take painkillers."

"F.uck the doctor," I said. "I don't need any painkillers!"

I'm not the kind of little girl who cries all the time with a few cuts and bruises. I'm not that fragile. The pain of the wound will remind me to be more careful next time when facing hiding prey.

"You're different," Mark says. "You don't even talk like a rich lady anymore."

"Everybody changes," I said.

"Once you were Frade's woman, now you're Daley's," Mark said. "You never know."

"I never belonged to any of them."

I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or exclamatory. After the surgery, the back of my injured hand began to ache. When Mark mentioned Frade, my heart began to tear again. My heart hurts more than the pain in the back of my hand.

If there was a painkiller that could cure my inner pain, I would eat an entire bottle at a time.

Frade is here, and I remember his eyelashes twitching the last time I saw him. I'm sure it wasn't an illusion. Maybe, maybe I should see him again, even whisper in his ear.

"I think I'll take you back to the hotel," Mark said, breaking his silence.

"I want to see Frade again," I begged Mark. "Can you help me?"

Mark gave me a look. I could see in his eyes that he wanted to say no at first, but in the end he said yes.

When we got to Frade's floor, Mark said something to the two bodyguards on guard duty. Then they nodded at me and motioned me over.

"You can only stay for 10 minutes," Mark whispered to me. "The family has increased security in Frade's ward since the last time someone made trouble. If I'm right, that was your work, wasn't it?"

I gave Mark an apologetic look. I had no idea that my impulsiveness would cause panic in the Logan family. Soon, the two bodyguards who had been standing outside the door of the ward left their posts one after the other. Instead, Mark stood guard. They had alibis, and if anything happened in the ward, Mark would be held accountable.

Mark pushed the door open for me. The yellow light overhead cast a shadow on the floor. The smell of disinfectant wafted through me. The room was silent. Frade's bed was surrounded by a white curtain, and this time I didn't hear the machine.

Is something wrong?

So I hurried to the monitor. I saw that the screen of the instrument was black. Who turned it off? I pulled back the white curtain around the bed.

There was only a messy sheet on the bed, and Frade was gone!

Just as I was about to call Mark, a voice came from the direction of the balcony. So I carefully moved to the direction of the balcony. But there was nothing on the dark balcony. The cold night wind was blowing on my back, and I subconsciously noticed that someone was staring at me from behind.

At the moment when I suddenly turned around, I was stunned.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. In the thin moonlight, a man in blue pajamas stood before me, his pale face still as handsome as a statue. His deep green eyes stared at me, first in shock, then in confusion.

I rushed up and hugged him tightly. This time I want to believe it's a miracle! I sniffed greedily at his familiar scent. His body is warm, his heartbeat sounds like a world famous song that I intoxicated.

But he pushed me away gently, and his green, jewel-like eyes were full of complicated expressions. I looked at him blankly, suddenly at a loss.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"