104 Give Me Gina

"Come on, we can talk in the room," Frade said, pushing open the bedroom door. I followed him into the room.

Now everything in the room was so familiar that I remembered that when I first met Frade at the bar, he had knocked me out and taken me to the hotel. I woke up in this suite. I remember the chandelier on the ceiling and the smell of lavender on the sheets.

"Eva, you may speak now," Frade said, interrupting my recollection and forcing my thoughts back to the present moment.

"It was Mikeal who took Liv. He wanted the flash drive." I decided to tell Frade the secret, "Mikeal is my father in name. He did illegal business with my ex-husband. Their dirty dealings are recorded on a flash drive. My friend Liv had the flash drive. I had planned to use it to get back at my ex-husband and my father, but when I got to Liv's apartment just now, the drive was gone. Frade, I want you to help me."

"So, the flash drive was a fatal blow to both the Moors and your father?" Frade said in a low voice, "Did you ever think that this would help your fiance take down the Moors so he could run the family?"

"Of course I know," I said, but I couldn't tell him that I was going to give it to Daley anyway.

"Then why did you tell me?" Frade stared at me, "You knew I was competing with your fiance for control of the family, and you gave me such important information. Aren't you afraid I'll get the Flash Drive and defeat your fiance? Or you didn't even think about asking him for help, did you?"

"I don't know, Frade."

His words confused my mind even more, so I subconsciously said.

"Maybe it's because you're right next to me," I stammered. "You're the only person I can think of."

After hearing my words, he looked at me deeply for a long time, as if he was thinking about something. I saw the hesitation in his eyes. Will he refuse to help me? I began to feel uneasy.

"All right, I'll help you," Frade said, "On one condition."

"What's the condition?" I saw a wicked smile on his face, and for a moment I thought of when we first met. He had the same smile and tone when we made the alliance. I can feel my heart beating faster. Would he ask the same?

"Remember, you owe me," Frade said. "When I figure out what I need, I'll let you know."

I was secretly relieved that he hadn't made any unreasonable demands. I guess I'm overthinking it.

"So what do we do now?" I said. "The only clue we have is that Liv was taken by my father's bodyguards. How do we find her?"

"Do you know if your father had any secret places where he kept his enemies, like a warehouse or an abandoned house?" Frade asked, "Usually when they catch the enemy, they hide him in a place and interrogate him in secret. After the interrogation is over, they execute him."

When I heard the word execution, I immediately gasped. I'm not sure what my father decided after he got the flash drive, but in his style, he might kill Liv.

"I wonder why those men went to so much trouble to take your friend away," Frade said, thinking, "Now that they have the flash drive, they can just knock her out and leave. If it's to prevent your friend from calling the police, the bodyguards can just kill your friend in the room. They're professional killers. The police couldn't find any evidence. I guess they had other intentions."

What does my father want? What does he want?

He wants Gina?

"I think I should ask my father what else he wants," I said. I took out my cell phone and dialed my father's number.

I pressed the speaker button so Frade could hear us. After a few seconds, the call went through. I heard my father's hoarse voice on the other end of the phone.

"My daughter, you finally know to call me." Mikeal's voice was cold and smug. "I thought you gave up on your friend."

"It's you. You took Liv," I said angrily. "What do you want?"

"Give me Gina, and I'll let your friend go," said Mikeal, "I'll let you know when we meet again. Also, I have bad news. I already have the flash drive. You've lost your bargaining chip with me. Remember, don't play games with me."

The call ended and Frade and I exchanged looks. He frowned. "It's a tricky business. We have to think about what to do."

So Frade suggested I write down where my father might have hidden Liv. So I wrote down about 10 places from memory. Frade analyzed that they didn't have time to take Liv to another city, so there were only three locations left.

"So your friend is most likely in one of these three locations," Frade said, using a red pen to circle the three locations, "One is an apartment in the city centre, one is a factory in the suburbs, and the last is a construction site that has stopped working. Is that it?"

I looked at the three place names on the paper, and after thinking about it for a while, I took the red pen in Frade's hand and deleted the names of the apartments. From what I know about Mikeal, he doesn't hide people in his private apartment because he hates it when people dirty his apartment, even though he never lives there.

"There are only two locations now," I said.

"All we have to do now is go to these two places and find your friends," Frade said worriedly, "But I wanted to warn you. Now that your father has the flash drive, it means you've lost your weapon against him. We have to speed up because no one knows when he will meet you. And he could be setting a trap for you. If you want to buy time, you have to have another weapon in your hand, otherwise we will be on the back foot."

He's right, but I can't even think of a weapon against Mikeal. He's going to delete everything on that drive, so I can't hurt him and I can't hurt Ron. What the hell are we gonna do?

"I wonder if anyone knew about your father and Ron's illegal activities? If so, we may be able to get information from this person. "People who are familiar with finance, or who are closest to your father," Frade said, "Think about it."

I looked down and thought, and a clear name came to mind.