✧19✧

Newt's POV:

"Awwh, well uh, Y/N, this might not be the time, but I've been meaning to tell you something for the longest time."

"What is it Newt?"

"I-I think I'm in l--"

I was cut of by the sound of yelling from outside her room.

"What's going on?" Y/N asked peeking outside her window.

"I don't know. C'mon."

I grabbed her hand; she didn't pull away. We ran out the door and over to the crowd of boys.

"I'll kill you!"

Ben was on top of Thomas muttering threats, so my first instinct was to hit him with the back of my machete.

"Ben!" Y/N yelled, pushing her way through the crowd of screaming boys.

Some other gladers and I pinned him to the ground.

"What the bloody shuck are you doing?!" I asked.

"What happened?"

"What's going on?"

"He just attacked me!" Thomas yelled.

"Newt!" Y/N pushed me away from Ben and took my place. "Why'd you hit him? Never harm another glader remember?!"

"Y/N! He was trying to bloody kill Thom-"

"No he wasn't!" I could see the anger filling her eyes and hear the fury in her voice. "He's going through the changing! He doesn't mean it!" She cried.

"Get off me!" Ben yelled.
"It's okay Ben, I'm here don't--"
"I don't need you! Get off of me!"

"Alright that's it!" Alby yelled, "Take him to the slammer!"

"N-no. N-no, Alby, no!" Ben begged.

Y/N ran into my arms, sending us both crashing into the grass. "I know I said I wasn't going to use you anymore, but please just hold me, get my mind off this please." She cried.