✧34✧

Sorry about the repeated chapter yesterday haha my bad 😝
-----
I have no idea how people can run for hours; it's literally torture.

I can't seem to find anything positive about straining your sore legs on hard concrete, under the hot blazing sun.

Who would ever want to be a runner?

Minho, Thomas and I ran for who knows how long. I felt exhausted, I have no idea how Minho has been doing this for 3 years.

I don't know if I'm hallucinating or not, but I thought I heard Ben.

It could've been my imagination, but it seemed so real.

I really need to stop running; I'm going insane. I laughed at myself, I thought running was supposed to clear your head.

Or maybe it's just the weight of the glade.

Newt greeted me by the stone doors and I told him I was going to take a shower and nap.

And maybe rethink my life.

•••

I woke up to see a Newt snooping around my room.

"What are you doing?" I asked wearily.

"Nothing really," Newt smiled innocently, "are you feeling okay?"

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"I don't know I thought you were mad at me."

"No, why would I be mad at you?"

"Well this morning you seemed upset about the bloody Minho thing, and when you came back you were somewhat standoffish."

"Oh. Sorry."

"It's alright. I worked things out with Alby, you don't have to run anymore."

"Thank God," I laid back down on my bed in relief, "I thought running would be the death of me."

"Not on my watch." Newt chuckled.

I smiled.

"Get some rest, you're a trackhoe tomorrow."

"Yippee, " I said sarcastically. "Goodnight Newt."

"Goodnight love." The tall boy smiled, kissing my forehead before he left the room.

-------
Another filler ah I'm sorry guys. I hope you all have a great day & if not you get to continuously start again tomorrow and the next day, and if something is bothering you now, in five years you'll most likely forget about it & it'll be okay💖, but in the meantime, I'm here to talk to! Prayers for all the people and Paris, Japan, and all around the world. Please stay safe. Love you guys! Xx