✧26✧

Thank you all for 13k reads!!! That's amazing!

-----
Newt's POV:
The sun shined through my rickety curtains as my hand came in contact with a ruffled piece of paper placed on my pillow.

"Newt,
I just want to thank you for being such a good friend to me, I'll miss you the most. I just wanted to tell you that I love you, I always did, and I always will, but I just can't take this pain anymore; it's too much. I'm pretty sure we both know the only way out of this shuck hole. You've done it once before, so thanks for the idea. I never thought it would come to this. Tell the Gladers I love them.
Love, Y/N"

No, no, no no. This can't be happening. She didn't. She couldn't.

I tore the covers off and rushed out my room.

W-where do I go? What do I do? Do I go to her room first or the maze?

Oh shuck what if she already--

No. This can't be happening.

I heard someone calling my name multiple times, but I scurried toward the maze. I had to find her.

She had to be okay. She's okay. I assured myself.

But my heart shattered into a million pieces as soon as I saw her fragile lifeless body on the ground.

I pulled her limp body into my arms.

Her eyes so painfully shut and her limbs all out of place.

I pressed her to my chest as tears cascaded down my cheeks. I whispered how I always loved her, and wondered why she never picked up on it.

Why didn't I ever tell her?

Warm tears fell onto her pale cheeks, but I let them fall like I let her fall.

I had no control.

I was too late already.

She was gone.

----

"Newt!" I was shaken awake by my Asian friend Minho. "Dude you're shuck crying stop it! It was just a dream!"

"Quit bloody shaking me! Are you sure it was just a dream?! It felt so bloody real. Is Y/N okay?!" I rushed out of bed but Minho put his arm in front of my chest to stop me.

"Yeah she's fine Newt. You're crazy in love with her dude. I talked to her this morning, she needs to talk to you. She's going insane."

I nodded helplessly. "I know I am. What's bloody wrong with her?"

"She wants to be a runner."

-------
I love you guys so much and I hope you all still like this story 💜💜 you are breathtakingly gorgeous and your smile makes my day so smile ☺️💜