Prologue 1: I remembered it was fun... at first.

First things first: I wanted to give a preview of my second Alastor x Reader story. It's still in development and chapter releases will be much slower than my first. If you have not read The Sacrificial Lamb Looks Tasty, I'd recommend giving it a try! It's completed and I promise a lot of fun! I'd love any feedback you have. Please enjoy this Prologue teaser!

Quick Notes:

All non-OC characters belong to Hazbin Hotel and their creator Vivzie. I am so thankful for her creativity and creation of this universe!

All artwork used in the main cover and chapters do not belong to me. They belong to their respective artists and should be admired! If any artists see any of their work depicted in these chapters and want it removed, please message me and let me know! I've added the artwork to help guide the chapters, but I want to be respectful!

The timeline for this starts in the living world in the 1930's and then in Pentagram City. If you are unfamiliar with why this timeline is important or where Pentagram City is, I'd recommend watching the Pilot and looking up some canonical facts about Alastor. I also have NO idea what Season 2 will include, so everything is made up! I'm not some cool insider that's going to post spoilers.

Alastor is canonically Asexual. I will do my best to respect the canonical Alastor, but of course have some fun with it as well! Not every action or decision may be considered "canonical," but that's the fun of fanfiction!

You may notice that the relationship between the two characters isn't exactly 'equal'. Alastor is no walk in the park, I want to do what I can to depict him as a complex character in this story. But if you're into some of the darker and more controlling aspects of a relationship, this may be a fun time for you!

Thanks for reading! Have fun sinners!

I take a deep breath; how do I explain?

"I was glad I finally made it to the big city. It was new and exciting, but also a bit terrifying. None of my family had ever left my small town. They wouldn't even move to another city, let alone a new state! But me? I needed to get out of there. Nothing good for me remained in that household. I remembered packing my things in the dead of night and sneaking out into the darkness. I was surprised I was able to fit all my important belongings into one suitcase and carry it around with me all that way. It was rather improper for a young lady like me to be traveling so far by herself, but I managed to make it without too many questions.

I was so sure I could find honest work in the big city. People back in my small hometown were starting to catch on to the fact that I had other talents that helped keep me afloat. If that happened, not only would I be out of income, but sent to jail. My reputation would've been ruined, if I hadn't already ruined it by running away. But finding a job that would at least put me in a good spot with the public would not be a bad idea.

First thing was first, I saw a room for rent in the paper and I needed to find that room.

Months after moving to the big city, I built a community quickly. I was able to work at the small coffee shop I lived above, made a few friends, and I was making money. Starting fresh and building myself up new. At least, most of me. Some old habits die hard.

Only a couple of the thefts were ever reported. I had to learn to be more careful with the wrist watches. They were highly valuable in those days, and they were selling well to my collector. The big city was truly treating me just fine and dandy.