𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬 ☥∙ TWENTY-NINE.

𝗔𝗩𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗘𝗠𝗘 𝗟𝗨𝗙𝗘𝗥
𝟤𝟤

𝗙𝗥𝗜, 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗛 𝟮𝟲𝘁𝗵,𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮
𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗠𝗘𝗧, 𝗧𝗘𝗫𝗔𝗦;𝖧𝖮𝖬𝖤;𝟹:𝟶𝟿 𝙿𝙼
𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘚𝘛𝘖𝘙𝘠 

It was a calm Friday afternoon in the cities east side neighborhood. The sun was out, the temperatures rocketed to the mid eighties out of nowhere. The children were all outside enjoying the weather after school and the adults sat together at one neighbors house in lawn chairs watching the children play while talking amongst themselves.

Tamsyn stood in the driveway between the cars with Missy, Tisza and Yasiel, teaching him how to ride the power wheeled ATV one of his uncles got him for his birthday. It was an age appropriate ATV. Juicy and Clair sat on the porch with Nikki and Mr. Gene about school and things in that nature.

Avantee sat on his stone walkway, legs stretched, rubbing Daisy who laid between his legs, while doing his protection glare over his family as well as the kids playing in front of his house. The sound of Yasiel yelling screaming followed by Tamsyn and Tisza's obnoxious laughter, bought Avantee out of his protective episode and he looked over to see Yasiel flying down the driveway with Missy jogging beside him, controlling his steering.

He smiled at the sight of them having fun. It was a time like this that made him want to grow a family with Tamsyn and live the rest of his life bound to her. It was beautiful to him to see her playing and taking care of his son without questions. It made him look at her in a different light. He wanted to stare into this light for the rest of his life.

"Who the hell brought him that fast ass shit? He needs a helmet or something." Mr. Gene stood beside Avantee, leaning on his cane as he watched Missy steer Yasiel around the other children and up the street.

Avantee looked up at his father and sucked his teeth "Man dad, bye. Where this energy was when me and Theo was his age and you and uncle Erk had us, Toni and Maymay racing down the park hill on tricycles, flipping off them cause we were going too fast?"

Mr. Gene burst into laughter recounting the sudden memory "Awe man. Them was the good ole days. Soon as Jaunita came back from her trip,Theo cried to her about his leg hurting til she made me take them to the hospital." He shook his head smiling "Nigga done broke his leg and got me cursed and put the hell out for a week."

Avantee laughed with him "You deserved that. His leg was messed up bad after that fall. Three whole days at that. Then you whooped the man for crying all three days which was even crazier!"

Mr. Gene looked down at him "Why you remember all of this?"

Avantee shrugged, rubbing Daisy's stomach "I have no clue. I just be remembering stuff out the blue." 

"You remember when you broke your arm?" Mr. Gene smiled at him.

Avantee glared at him "Yes I remember my first traumatic experience. Had momma stressing a whole month over her baby boy."

Mr. Gene started laughing "I still to this day don't know how the hell you fell off that swing man."

"Y'all was pushing me too high and I kept leaning forward cause I was watching Theo and Heaven do it."

"The fuck they keep staring at them for? They better not be on nothing cause I'll whoop all of their asses." He randomly thought and instantly looked in Tamsyn's direction and saw her staring across the street at his neighbors who helped him the afternoon Karlie dropped Yasiel off, staring at him and Missy on the power wheel.