Chapter 15

Lily POV

The date with Nate was nice, it was like a spark had been lit.

We found ourselves drawn to each other more and more, spending time together that felt effortless. What started as casual outings and soon evolved into something more, and before we knew it, we were officially dating – it's been a month.

As time passed, I couldn't help but wonder about Finn's reaction to the news. Kam mentioned that Shawn had told him about me and Nate, and that he seemed happy, almost as if he didn't care.

The memories of our shared moments, the unspoken connection I thought had, and the feelings that were never fully explored. It was like a door had closed, leaving behind a mix of emotions—nostalgia for what once was and a hint of sadness for the unanswered questions that lingered in the air.

It was a bittersweet realization for me, I was exaggerating the place I held in his life.

******

The chilly December wind seeps through my window, while Nate playfully waves his hand to catch my attention.

"Earth to Lily," he teases, resting his head on my lap as we lay on my bed.

"Hm," I answer.

"Any plans for Kam's birthday party this Friday night?" He looks up at me, "You know cause you're meant to be planning it" he laughs.

I smile down at Nate, "Well, I was thinking we could do a surprise theme," I suggest, running my fingers through his hair. "Maybe a retro '80s vibe? Kam loves all things vintage."

Nate props himself up on his elbows, looking intrigued. "That's a great idea! We could decorate with neon colours."

"Yeah, exactly!" I nod, feeling excited and he looks at me and smiles.

Glance at his watch and notices the time slipping away. He rises gracefully from my lap, his eyes meeting mine with a tender gaze.

"Time seems to be slipping by too fast when I'm with you," he murmurs softly, leaning in to brush his lips against mine in a lingering kiss.

His touch sends a rush of warmth through me, and I feel a flutter in my chest as he pulls back slightly, his gaze still locked with mine.

The door swings open, revealing Jennie standing there with a mischievous grin on her face. She takes in the scene with exaggerated surprise, raising an eyebrow teasingly.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Jennie quips, her playful tone filling the room. "Am I interrupting?"

Nate chuckles, his cheeks tinted with a faint blush. "Nah, it's cool Jen, we'll save the real show for later." he winks at me.

She playfully rolls her eyes. "Please, spare me the details," she jokes

With a final grin, he leaves the room, leaving us giggling. Jennie walks over nudges me with her elbow, her playful expression lingering.

************

The night of Kam's surprise party had finally arrived, and the Airbnb apartment I booked was transformed into a vibrant '80s haven. Nate, Jen, and I had put in hours of effort to make everything perfect.

We all to change into our '80s outfits.

Jen rocked a vibrant off-the-shoulder top paired with high-waisted acid wash jeans, accessorized with chunky bangles and hoop earrings. Her hair was styled in a side ponytail with a scrunchie.

Nate went all out with a Miami Vice-inspired ensemble, sporting a pastel-coloured blazer over a crisp white T-shirt and rolled-up sleeves. He completed the look with aviator.