Chapter 24

Finn and I were cuddled on the couch, the soft glow of the television casting a warm light over the room. Sharknado blared on the screen, my comfort movie.

I was engrossed, my eyes wide with fascination at the absurdity of it all. Finn, on the other hand, didn't seem as captivated. But he kept his arm around me, occasionally glancing at the screen, pretending to be interested. The things he did for me, I thought, smiling to myself.

On the coffee table in front of us lay a spread of snacks Finn had thoughtfully set out earlier. There was a sticky, sweet Cinnabon, the scent of cinnamon and sugar still lingering in the air, along with salted caramel puff pastries – he knows me so well, though my waistline will hate me tomorrow ... I don't care.

"Babe," I call out, trying to grab his attention, tilting my head up to look at him.

"Yes, love?" Finn responds, turning  his attention from his phone to face me with a gentle smile.

"I spoke with Jen," I say, excitement bubbling up inside me. "And after thorough convincing from Kam and me, she'll agree to go on a date with Kai."

Finn's eyebrows lift in surprise, but a grin spreads across his face. "Cool, now Kai will owe me a favour," he says, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"You?" I laugh, "I did the convincing!"

Finn chuckles, leaning in to press a quick kiss to my lips. "True, but I'll take credit for it anyway," he teases, his fingers tracing circles on my cheek.

I playfully swat at his arm, shaking my head in mock exasperation. "You're incorrigible," I say, unable to suppress a smile.

"And you love it" he remarks causing me to laugh.

I reached taking another bite of the salted caramel puff pastry, savouring the gooey richness. As I chewed, I noticed my drink was empty.

"I'll be right back," I said, giving Finn's knee a gentle squeeze before getting up.

I walked to the fridge, its cold light spilling into the dim room as I opened the door. My eyes scanned the shelves until they landed on a  mason jar with juice labelled  'Lemon and Ginger'. Curious, I grabbed it and poured some into a glass. I took a tentative sip, and my eyes widened with delight.

The juice was a vibrant blend of tart lemon and spicy ginger, a refreshing and invigorating combination that danced on my tongue. The sharpness of the lemon hit first, tangy and bright, followed by the warm, slightly fiery kick of ginger. It was both soothing and exhilarating, a perfect balance that made me take another, more eager sip.

"Babe, who made this juice?" I called out to Finn, curiosity getting the better of me.

Finn looked slightly uncomfortable, shifting a bit on the couch. "It's Shawn's mum," he said. "She brought it over when she visited."

"Oh," I replied, surprised. "It's really good."

Finn cleared his throat, clearly wanting to change the subject. "Enough of that," he said, getting up from the couch. "I have a promise to keep."

My smile grew wider. I met him halfway across the room, leaping into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. "Yeah, you do," I murmured, leaning in for a kiss.

Our lips met in a tender yet passionate kiss, the warmth of our embrace contrasting with the cool, refreshing taste still lingering on my tongue. As we stood there, wrapped up in each other, the world outside faded away, leaving just the two of us and the soft hum of the television in the background.

"Let's go to your room," I whispered against his lips, my breath mingling with his.

Without breaking the kiss he leads me into this room. The room was dimly lit, shadows dancing on the walls from the soft light of a bedside lamp. He kicks the door closed behind him and drops me onto his bed before gently joining me.