Dentures and Psychosis

Dentures helped bring me back.

Please support this book (journal) by sharing and liking it. :) 

I hope you all have an amazing day, evening and afternoon. Also thank you for reading.....

*****Admitting I am scared helped a lot. My family has helped me tremendously through this very difficult time.

My dad stayed with me the whole night, I told him all my fears.

Katrina, my friend since 14 years old, gave me love and support. Came to visit me numerous times. Made an amazing picture for me, I am enough.

My brother and his wife, bringing my kids to see me and helping with child care. Being there for me during one of my stressful nights full of panic attacks.

Anxiety and living in fear, takes away your freedom. Constantly being in the fight, flight, freeze defense mechanisms. Gets so bad you cant pick out what brand of cheese you want!

I learned not being an active listener can brainwash you. Listen. Don't let someone fill your head with fears and negativity.

April 12/2024

I learned to hide at a very young age.

When anyone was angry or mad

I would hide, physical or mentally.

I would day dream my way out of that situation.

Growing up there was a joke that I thought I had to follow

To be seen & not heard.

How truthful was that? How literal I took it.

From an infant I learned that my cries got me nothing.

I learned to be seen and not heard, for fear of the belt.

The jingling, the noise from my brothers wails as the belt hit their skin.

Never knowing if I was going to be next if I talked back or stood up for myself or even asked for something I needed.

I learned to be still. To be silent. To be fearful.

The fear kept me safe, kept me invisible.

May 2nd. I am rereading my book. I noticed I repeated a few sentences. How embarrassing. (however just shows what kind of head space I was still in. Psychosis is very strange. Please do not let this page put you off from reading the rest) 

Gets juicier. I promise.

April 14/2024

I dislike how my family or friends tell me " I am always This or That'

Especially since they haven't seen me since Christmas Time.

I told my brother I didn't appreciate that considering he hasn't seen me in a few weeks.

I tried to be as calm and respectful as I could be.y or friends tell me " I am always This or That'

Especially since they haven't seen me since Christmas Time.

I told my brother I didn't appreciate that considering he hasn't seen me in a few weeks.

I tried to be as calm and respectful as I could be.

What helps with Anxiety:

• Smells—who doesn't love a good smelling shampoo, lotion or body spray? Switch up your scents every week.

**becoming nose blind can be detrimental......

• Bag of ice. Feel the ice melt in your hands, let an ice cube melt on your face, put the ice down your shirt. Anything really to help you distract and stay in the moments.

• Showering—refreshing.

• Exercise, who doesn't love those endorphins? Plus keeps clothing fitting nicely too

• Taking care of myself first, my dad always says, I am number one, in order to take care of anyone else, have to take care of myself first.

How and why did I forget that?

• Being honest with self and others—if unhappy in current situation or relationship, admit it, make changes. Its okay to leave a relationship, even after 19 years.

• Coloring, out that anxious energy to something useful, distract yourself.

• Organized home! An organized home helps keep the stress away when you know where everything is.

• Routine, although should break it up once in a while.

• Exercise the mind, learn something fun

Care bear count down! My brother taught me this when we were young and id get scared.