I AM AFFIRMATIONS

April 30

A good friend of mine, family member, Grantie to my Children. Years ago she taught me tapping to heal the chakras. Hooponopono meditation/chant as well. 

I use to listen often. Somewhere along the weeks I stopped listening. Being in the Psych ward I have started listening to I affirmations, meditation, and guided muscle relaxation. Has helped my anxiety and my intrusive thoughts. 

YAY for medications and the power of the brain! Something I will continue to do as the days go by, even when I am feeling better. 

I am brave. I am Safe. I am okay. I am confident. I am JASMINE WILSON.

*****

Its raining/snowing today. I hope continues until my day pass tonight. I truly want to stand in the rain. The song, Come Clean from Hilary duff comes to mind. Good song! 

***

I lost myself to trying to be a perfect parent. To a relationship that wasn't healthy. To my internet/chat addiction, trying to escape my reality.  To not being brave enough to make the changes I was afraid to commit to. 

The last two months have reminded me of how strong I am. Reminded me that I can keep myself safe. Fight, flight and freeze. They all can keep a person safe. Just when I constantly went to freeze, frozen with anxiety, that became a problem. 

I know I am a fighter after all. I am strong. I am kind. I am empathetic. I am smart. I will not forgot who I am. I am me. I am whole. I am loved.

**********************************************************

Three things I do differently now, 2024, than I did in 2023.

*Morning walks. (even if on the treadmill), yoga and stretching, believing in myself. 

I find as the days go by, I feel stronger every day. My brother G would always say, need the right tools for the right job, everything I would mention how great his spaghetti cooking ladle was. How true was he? The right tool for the right job, or in my case, the right MEDICATION for the chemical imbalances. Thank you brother.