Psychosis

From google. 

Psychosis is the term for a collection of symptoms that happen when a person has trouble telling the difference between what's real and what's not. This disconnection from reality can happen for several reasons, including many different mental and physical conditions. It's usually treatable with medication and other techniques.

***

Going through this episode of Psychosis, I realized I went thru this once of twice before. A year after my mom passed away. I smoked some weed with my friend. I ran out of their house screaming in terror.                                                                                                                                                               I was treated with Zyprexa and Prozac. That helped me become stable. I am surprised my doctor at the time didn't encourage me to go to the hospital.

I experienced it when I moved out for the first time with my EX. 

The derealization/ feeling like the world isn't normal. The anxiety. 

This time though was worse than the previous two times. I am happy that I was able to recognize something was wrong and sought medical treatment right away.

I have learned a hard, valuable lesson though. Always stick with the same Psychiatrist. Do not self medicate. Take medications properly.

******My mental health canary bird*****

-Losing my bank cards one too many times. (I was losing my bank cards at least once a month)      -Agitation. Annoyed at every noise, every mess, at everyone.                                                                            -Not sleeping well                                                                                                                                                                   - Afraid to flush the toilet, use the microwave or stove. (I know....weird one...yes?)                                -When people begin to look...like a pop up from a book.                                                                                      -Extremely fuzzy eyesight.                                                                                                                                                   -skipping medications

I think anyone who has a mental illness should have a list of canary warning signs. For themselves and educate close family and friends on your warning signs as well.

Talk about how they can help you. Give permission for them to talk to your doctor, take you to the ER. Anything to help you and your mental illness. Sure may be mad at first, however, as the person gains mental stability, they will thank you. You will thank them. 

If my EX did that for me, sure I would have been angry in the moments...however I would have forgiven him.