Chapter 82 - Will

Will opened his beer and rubbed his face, peering at Maeve. Ander had left to pick up lunch twenty minutes ago, and she'd barely spoken to him, much less seemed interested in any physical contact with him. She was curled up in a funky position in the chair. Couldn't be comfortable. At first he thought she'd been mad that he got drunk, but she'd told him before that it was okay as long as he told her and he had, right?

Ander had been weird, too, so maybe they'd fought? He recalled in Florida when they'd argued, he'd never asked about why, but he didn't like it. He finished his beer. It was strange. He never gave a crap if anyone else argued, but he didn't like it when they did. Probably because they both got moody. That and she wouldn't fuck him if she was upset about random stuff. Will considered asking about it, but then he'd have to have one of those conversations and, as much as he wanted sex with her, if he started one of those, it probably wouldn't be done before Ander got back. Then he'd be stuck in a conversation he didn't need to have and no reward for his sacrifice.

Nope, better to get a few beers down while he waited. He had to maintain his level of calm and quiet. Maeve continued to sit, haunched over her journal writing, until Ander walked in the door. Her body tensed when he closed it. Definitely an argument. She snatched up her book and held it against her chest as Ander approached the table and put the bag down. Will watched as Maeve directed her eyes to the floor, and Ander turned his body away from hers. Damn, it must've been a good one. Curiosity bloomed in Will's mind.

"Any problems getting more cobbler?" Will asked as he stood.

Ander shook his head. Will picked up his greasy lunch and cobbler and carried it to the bed before returning to grab three beers and stock three in their place. They all ate in silence, which, to be honest, was a fucking relief to Will. He didn't want to admit it, but he had a headache. After he ate and finished his fourth beer, the headache was gone.

"Mason called," Ander said from his bed.

"She did? How'd that go?"

"She was not happy about the time-frame you gave her. However, after our conversation, she told me a week or longer is acceptable. She is aware of the elevated risk involved and is renegotiating the terms." Ander studied something on his screen.

Will felt even better about his decision to take a night off. He'd avoided the bitching session with Mason. He smiled and sat back against the headboard. "A week's gonna be long enough for you?"

"Yes, it will be adequate. I will have a list together by tomorrow evening. I am considering going to a library or other location to focus."

Ander's words made Will sit straighter. Will reminded himself that even when he was alone in the hospital, Ander held it together. He'd freaked out a little, but that was partly because of the drugs. He had been more stable recently. His eyes flicked to Maeve, stiff on the wood chair.

"I thought I could find a suitable location either in the evenings, or if I had advanced notice." Ander's jaw tightened.

That did sound appealing, offering to be out of the area so he and Maeve could have sex. He shifted when his dick hardened at the idea. "Yeah, that could work. Just can't be gone for too long."

Maeve's eyes widened. She reminded him of a deer in headlights. What the fuck was that about?

"Excellent. I can also pick up the supplies, unless you feel the need to be there," he offered.

Will was conflicted about Ander getting magical supplies since his return. That had been off limits. If components were needed, they either went together or Mason gave the items to them.