Chapter 1 - Somewhere in Hell

"Where is the female?" he asked, and his wings snapped with irritation behind him.

"I am sorry, my lord, she has vanished," the wiry demon answered.

"You lost track of her again?" he asked and turned his bright red eyes to the lesser demon cowering in front of him.

"No, my lord, she vanished. We had the location, but then she disappeared-" it started. His tail whipped around and grabbed the lesser demon by his throat.

"I lose patience with your failures." The creature's eyes bulged. He took his sharp taloned hands and ripped them across its chest, opening it and ruining the brands on its skin. It would almost be powerless until it healed. It cried out pitifully. He dropped it to the ground, disgusted, and picked at his claws, tossing the clinging pieces of flesh to the floor. The other two lesser demons that had entered with the fledgling stood at attention near the door.

"You," he pointed at one of them. It did not matter which, they were all disposable. "Do you know the location?"

"Yes, my lord, she was last in Huntsville, Alabama," it said as it bowed its head.

"Then go retrieve her," he told him with a dismissive swipe of his large, taloned hand.