Chapter 70 - Maeve

Maeve's eyes opened when the door opened. Her body tensed and then relaxed when she realized it was just Will and Ander coming back into the room. Her skin was tight around her tattoo, and she yawned and stretched. She put her arms down. She didn't want to rip open her tattoo - was that possible? Like he'd read her mind, Ander crouched down beside the bed and rolled her back to her side to view her tattoo. His fingers moved over the lines and instead of the pain she expected, it made her back tingle.

"How's it look?" Will asked from somewhere behind her. The telltale sound of a beer opening announced it was breakfast.

"It is, for the most part, healed," Ander said, his fingers still on her tattoo.

Goosebumps spread over her skin.

"What?" Surprise filled Will's voice. His heavy steps thudded behind her and his bottle clinked on the surface of the nightstand. "Shit, you're right. I mean, it's not a hundred percent, but basically it's healed."

"It healed at a similar pace to your tattoos." Ander removed his hand.

Maeve felt a pang of guilt when she realized she didn't want him to stop touching her.

"Well, that's one less thing to worry about as far as the mission." Will said.

Maeve turned over on her back to view him. His stormy eyes moved across her frame, his hunger for her danced in them.

"You wanna take a shower?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

She felt heat rise in her cheeks.

"I think I will take a walk before it becomes too warm," Ander declared with an edge to his voice. "It will take longer than my usual run, but even so, only forty-five minutes." He stared at Will meaningfully.

"Sounds good." Will grinned at him.

Ander's features locked in irritation as he entered the bathroom and changed into his clothing. Maeve sat and smoothed her tousled hair back.

"Forty-five minutes," Ander reminded Will and walked out without so much as a glance at her.

Maeve got up to use the restroom and brush her teeth. Not surprised to find Will naked when she exited. "You know I didn't actually agree to your invitation," she told him in a playful tone as she stepped up to the side of his bed.

"But you will." He pulled her on top of him.

Her body ached for him with a sudden, fierce fire. His presence engulfed her and made her tremble with desire. He captured her mouth and melted away any oppositions about how they should spend the next forty minutes.

Will's phone vibrated on the nightstand. He snatched it up and answered in a nasty tone. "What? Already? Fine. Yeah." He ended the call and bent down to press his lips against hers gently.

Maeve figured it was Ander, letting him know he was on the way back.

"Let's take a shower," he told her against her lips.

He stood and scooped her off of the bed. She let out a sound of surprise as he carried her into the bathroom, but before she could protest, his mouth was back on hers. Any hesitation she had disappeared. They stayed in the shower well past when the hot water ran out. This time, Maeve didn't notice Will's heat had set her body on fire.

Maeve frowned. "I don't have any clothes."

He chuckled. "Neither do I."

"Yeah, but you don't care." Her fingers slid across his scratches that had healed much quicker than Ander's. "Do you think these will leave scars?" It was always easier to get Will to tell her things after sex when he was relaxed and in a good mood.