05; academic rivals

"what the heck mom!" yeonjun whines.

"what?"

"how many kids did you agree to take?"

"since beomgyu and kamal are here then there is only left one more." mrs choi smiled sheepishly.

"what the.. mom!"

"what? say it, i can't understand if you going to just shout at me."

"how am I supposed to handle three kids??" stomping his feet as he drops himself on the couch, hand crossing on his chest.

"like i said there will be someone who gonna help you."

"argh, how can i trust you mom."

"trust me, we mom always know the best."

"except you."

knock knock

"yeonjun, go open up the door."

"why me? why not you?" yeonjun raised one eyebrow.

"because i'm busy."

"busy putting on a face mask?"

"you boys know what."

yeonjun rolled his eyes as he left the living room to meet the guest.

"hello—" as soon as he opened the door, he was met by a tall guy. he was expecting it to be one of the babysitters.

"yeonjun?"

"soobin?" they both said in unison.

"what are you doing here?"

"excuse me? this is my house?" yeonjun scrunched his face.

"oh cool." soobin gives him a thumb up.

"soobin!" yeonjun looked behind and saw his mother running to soobin and giving him a quick hug.

"mom you know him?" yeonjun asked.

"of course! like i said, you will have a babysitter partner right? here he is!" mrs choi said happily, clapping both her hands.

"what the heck!"

yeonjun was fine before knowing who his partner was but after knowing it was soobin, his academic rival, he just wanted to kill himself.

yeonjun looks at soobin who still standing awkwardly at the door frame, judging by his reaction it seems like soobin doesn't know it either.

"argh get in." he closed the door with a bang sound after his mom and soobin got in.

"yeonjun, this is—" before his mom get to finish his word, yeonjun butted in.

"i know soobin mom, we go to academics together." yeonjun rolled his eyes, reminiscing their old fight.

"ohh! is soobin the guy that you said was handsome but too bad he has a nasty personality and tall as tall as the electric pole? and oh! you got a fight with him because you accidentally stumbled with your leg and knocked your americano on his shirt and you were too embarrassed to say it was your fault so you blamed him, right?" yeonjun shut his eyes tight, his mom basically just spilled his secret in front of soobin and not to mention it's was about him too.

yeonjun saw the corner of soobin lips curve to form a smirk.

"anyways boys, forget your past, a past is a past. you guys have to get along to work together to take care of these mischievous kids and yeonjun, just admit it's was your fault. soobin is a nice guy, i'm sure he will understand." mrs choi winked at the end of her word.

"yeonjun, i'm out to hang out with the lady at the salon so bye guys hello ladies, mwah!" she added before going upstairs to change her clothes.

the room now was filled with silence.

yeonjun look at soobin.

soobin look at yeonjun.