40; peter pan

it's bedtime time and yeonjun waits for them to choose their storybook with soobin on his side as they sit on the couch.

"i want to read this!" beomgyu happily shows yeonjun his story bedtime book.

"peter pan?" yeonjun read the title, instantly making the other two ears perked at the mention of the book.

"peter pan? i want to read that book too!" taehyun cutely ran to yeonjun and sat beside beomgyu.

"me too me too!" huening kai follows along behind taehyun.

"alright then, since all of you want to read the same book then me and yeonjun hyung will read it for you guys." soobin announced, clapping his hand to gain their attention.

he wrapped them with the blanket to make them comfortable as they listened to the story.

"once upon a time, a boy named peter pan who has never grown up takes the children names wendy, john, and michael to the magical neverland.."

the story continues with yeonjun as the storyteller and soobin, who listens along with the kids.

"are you sleepy?" soobin questioned to taehyun who just yawned.

"i am but i still want to know the ending.." soobin put his hand over taehyun's mouth, he turned to yeonjun and nodded his head as a sign for yeonjun to continue reading.

"what happened to them hyung?" huening kai asked, his eyes full of curiosity.

"well they're supposed to stay together but peter pushed away wendy."

"why did he push her if he liked her? peter knows wendy likes him too so why didn't they stay together?" beomgyu asked.

"because they love each other." yeonjun bopped beomgyu's nose.

"huh? i don't understand.." taehyun looked at soobin, hoping for an explanation.

"they pushed each other because they love each other. peter knows what happen if wendy stays with him and wendy has a family unlike him."

"but if they happen to meet then doesn't that mean they happen to stay together?" beomgyu still didn't get it.

"that's.. okay let me give you an example. let's say you like this one girl, she has many friends and her family really love her unlike you who doesn't have friends or family. then one day you happen to know that she likes you and you like her too." soobin stopped, he looked at yeonjun and smiled softly before continuing with a deep breath.

"but she doesn't know that you're sick and slowly dying, then suddenly she confessed to you." this time he looked at the three boys.

"what would you do if you were him?" he asked them.

"accept it?" beomgyu looks at taehyun, still clueless while huening kai just stays in his place.

"reject it. if i accept her, that means torturing her because in the end i will die anyway. same just like peter pan, wendy has a family and friends and peter is just like the boy except he's not sick but he will never grow old. peter pushed wendy away for her good and the boy in soobin hyung story pushed her away for her own good too." taehyun explained.

"that's right taehyun, you're so smart!" soobin ruffled his head.

he then looks at the older who staring into space since taehyun started talking, the older looks like he has so much on his mind.

...

(༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)