46; crumbled walls

yeonjun glances at the male who hungrily shoves the ramen yeonjun bought for himself in his mouth.

"is it good?" yeonjun asked and suddenly the man looked up at him, kind of forgetting the older.

"y-yes.." soobin looked at his lap, feeling bad for taking the older food.

"eat up, i'm still full anyways." yeonjun pushed the bowl back to soobin.

"th-thank you.." soobin ate again, this time slowly and quietly.

"i'm sorry."

"i'm sorry." they both said in unison.

"you go first."

"you can go first." again.

yeonjun sighed, this is awkward.

"i start first then," he said before taking a deep breath, maintaining eye contact with the younger.

"first i want to say sorry, i know i shouldn't have crossed my boundaries. i understand why would you be upset with me but i just.. worried."

"worried about you, i know we were a rival back then in the academy but it's changed now, right? i feel like maybe as a friend, i should have gotten to know your problem but then again, not everyone is comfortable to share their problems."

"also, i shouldn't have just accused you just like that. i would be mad too if someone accused me of something i never do, i'm sorry bin. i really am." yeonjun looks down after finishing talking, doesn't dare to look at the younger.

"it's okay hyung, i already forgave you. i know you just worried about me, i also want to apologize for my harsh words the other day."

"but the reason i'm gone is not because of you, because of me."

"huh? what do you mean?" yeonjun raised an eyebrow, not quite understanding.

"the thing you heard the other day is about me and my dad's hospital reception. they want me to pay my dad's cost bill so they can perform surgery on him, it's also the reason why i'm taking this babysitter work."

"so i could pay the bills, i'm the one who in charge of my father ever since my brother got married. i could never tell him about my condition, he got a wife and kid to feed."

"my sister too, she now is someone's wife. so it's left only me, that's why i offered myself to take care of him. right after i graduated, i started to look for more part-time jobs. working 24 hours every day, i feel like the things that i learn in the academy all gone in vain."

"i just don't want to get close to someone because i never have time for them. someone told me before that i always put my work over them but what can i do when my dad is at the hospital bedridden."

"i'm sorry for not explaining it sooner hyung, i have seen all of your messages but i decided to block you hyung. i need to focus on my work at that time so i can get my dad out of that hospital."

at this moment, soobin already crying, he feels like the burden he has been carrying is just being lifted off his shoulders.

"oh bin, it's okay. i understand you, it's not easy to take care of someone. you doing a great job, sacrifice your life while you were still young." yeonjun engulfed the younger in his arms, rubbing a circle on his back.

that day ends with soobin telling all of his problems to the only one who he can call hyung after his brother.