47; you done enough

soobin moved in his sleep when the sunlight hit his eyes through the open window. he shifted, turning around when he felt someone's breath on his face.

slowly he opens his eyes only to meet yeonjun's face being only 20 cm close to his, immediately he forces himself to sit up on the bed.

"i forgot i slept here last night.." he mumbled, looking at the sleeping male.

he looked around the room, he had never gotten into the elder room ever since he stepped into his house. rubbing his eyes as he searched for his phone.

he found it on the nightstand beside yeonjun, easily reaching out his hand to grab it since his hand was long.

missed call from
woobin hyung 😈 (15)

frowning forming on his forehead, he decided to call his brother back. many thoughts running on his head while he waited for the other line to pick up the call.

he hears the ringing sound and not too long after, he hears his brother's voice.

"soobin?"

"hyung?"

"why did you call me?"

"no reason, is it's wrong to know what is my little brother doing?" his brother jokingly said.

"no, i mean you called me fifteen times so of course i thought there was something wrong."

his brother laughed making him chuckle a little bit, missing the time when he had a conversation with him.

soobin's brother was silent for a second, soobin was about to question him until he heard a sigh.

"soobin.. about father—"

"what about dad? is he okay? wait i'm getting ready now—" soobin immediately alerted at the mention of his dad, he yanked the blanket and already standing near the bed.

"noo j-just hear me out." slowly he sat back on the mattress, nervously waiting for him to tell him.

"tell me hyung, what happened to dad?" he questioned feeling uneasy in his place, biting his nail without him realizing.

"about dad.. let me take over him soob, let me and your sister watch over him. you are still young and need to explore more about the world, we're sorry for taking your freedom. you just finished academy and we already asked you to take care of dad when you can use the thing you learn in an academic way more useful than this."

"h-hyung—"

"me and your sister didn't mind after all, we already met and discussed everything. we will take turns having to watch him, you don't need to worry anymore soob. the money that you gained when you're working, just save or use it to spend on yourself, buy something nice, treat yourself, you deserve it."

"b-but hyu—"

"if it wasn't because of dad then i wouldn't have know that you spend all of your days working to pay for the hospital bill, i know we're not that rich but we're not that poor either. why didn't you tell me soob, i could have split the bill you know? i feel bad, i'm the oldest of the family yet you the youngest had to bury yourself with the burden that should be me carrying them."

"no hyung, it's my choice. you didn't do anything—"

"no soobin, it's me. it does not mean that when i get married i should have passed the responsibility to you."

"it's okay soob, you won't need to worry anymore about dad or about us. just enjoy your life that you didn't get to before, go play with your friend. i know you had so many friends back then in the academy but they left you since you were so busy and had no time for them."

"let me take my responsibility back as the older brother." his brother, choi woobin said, soobin could hear the genuine in his voice.

"but what if it burdens you a lot? you have your own family?"

"no, it's not. i have my other backbone, your sister." woonbin chuckled which made soobin smile a little.

"oh wait soob talk to you later! i forget i'm backing some cookies and i can smell the burning from here bye!"

soobin laughed, "okay talk to you later, bye hyung!!"

bipp

soobin sighed, feeling something wet in the corner of his eyes. he looked up threatening the tears to fall but failed when the word his brother said was too much for his heart.

he hides his face in his face, biting his lips to prevent a sound from coming out of his mouth.

suddenly, he feels a hand rubbing behind his back.

"let it out soob, it's okay. i won't judge you." the comforting words yeonjun gave didn't help either and made him feel more emotional.

yeonjun hugged him from behind, listening to his sobbing. he already knew what happening since he was awake when soobin phone didn't stop ringing, it would have been rude if he picked up the call so he just placed it beside him so soobin would wake and that's when he heard the conversation he had.