little leo - rottmnt

little: leo
cgs: ralph mikey donnie

Leonardo, the brave and valiant leader of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, had always carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. After years of battling Shredder, the Kraang, and countless other threats, the stress had finally taken its toll. Unbeknownst to his brothers, Leo had found a way to cope with the overwhelming pressures: mental regression.

It was a quiet night in the sewers of New York City. Leo's brothers, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo, were gathered in the living room, enjoying some downtime. Donnie, the intellectual twin, was tinkering with one of his inventions, while Raph lifted weights, and Mikey doodled in his sketchbook. The peace was shattered by the sound of tiny footsteps and soft giggles.

Leo toddled into the room, clutching a stuffed turtle plushie, his eyes wide with childlike wonder. His brothers looked up and exchanged a glance, their expressions a mix of concern and affection. This had been happening more frequently – Leo regressing to a mental state equivalent to that of a one-year-old.

"Hey, little bro," Mikey greeted with a warm smile, setting aside his sketchbook. "Want to play with some blocks?"

Leo giggled in response, his eyes lighting up at the mention of playtime. He clumsily made his way over to Mikey, who had already started setting up a colorful array of blocks on the floor. The sight was both heartwarming and heart-wrenching for the brothers; their leader, now so vulnerable and innocent, needed their care and protection more than ever.

Donnie, though engrossed in his latest gadget, kept a watchful eye on Leo. His mind raced with potential solutions to help his twin, but for now, he knew that being present and supportive was the best he could offer.

Raph, ever the protector, put down his weights and joined Mikey and Leo on the floor. He wasn't the best with delicate situations, but his heart was in the right place. "Let's build the biggest tower ever, Leo," he suggested, his gruff voice softening as he spoke to his regressed brother.

Leo clapped his hands excitedly, his tiny fingers reaching out to grab a blue block. He handed it to Raph, who carefully placed it on the growing tower. Mikey added another block, and soon, the three of them were fully engrossed in their building project.

Donnie watched from his workstation, a small smile playing on his lips. Despite the strangeness of the situation, it was moments like these that reminded him of the unbreakable bond they shared. They were more than just a team; they were a family.

After a while, Leo's energy began to wane. His movements slowed, and he rubbed his eyes sleepily. Noticing this, Mikey gently picked him up. "Looks like someone's ready for a nap," he said, bouncing Leo lightly in his arms.

Leo rested his head on Mikey's shoulder, his eyes half-closed. Donnie and Raph followed them to the bedroom, where a small bed had been set up specifically for Leo's naps. Mikey carefully laid him down, pulling a soft blanket over him.

"Sleep tight, little bro," Raph whispered, patting Leo's head gently. Donnie adjusted a small nightlight, ensuring the room had a comforting glow.

As Leo drifted off to sleep, his brothers quietly left the room, closing the door behind them. They returned to the living room, their expressions somber.

"We need to figure out what's causing this," Donnie said, breaking the silence. "But until then, we need to make sure he feels safe and loved."

Mikey nodded. "We'll take turns watching him. He needs us now more than ever."

Raph, never one for long discussions, simply grunted in agreement. "We'll get through this. Together."

Several hours later, a distressed cry echoed through the lair. The brothers rushed to Leo's room, their hearts pounding with worry. They found Leo sitting up in bed, his eyes wide with fear and confusion. The sheets beneath him were wet, and he was clearly upset.

Donnie was the first to reach him, scooping Leo into his arms. "Hey, it's okay, Leo. It's just a little accident," he said soothingly, holding Leo close.

Leo clung to Donnie, his tiny body trembling. "Shh, we'll get you all cleaned up," Donnie continued, his voice calm and reassuring.

Mikey quickly stripped the wet sheets from the bed while Raph brought in clean ones. Working together, they had the bed made up in no time. Donnie changed Leo into dry clothes, his movements gentle and comforting.

Leo's sobs had subsided to soft sniffles by the time they were finished. Donnie wiped away his tears, giving him a reassuring smile. "There, all better."

Mikey sat down on the bed, patting the space beside him. "How about we watch some cartoons, Leo? Would you like that?"

Leo nodded, a small smile breaking through his tear-streaked face. Donnie carried him back to the living room, where Raph had already turned on the TV. They settled on the couch, Leo nestled comfortably between Donnie and Mikey, with Raph taking up a protective position nearby.

The familiar, cheerful sounds of the cartoon soon filled the room. Leo's eyes were glued to the screen, his earlier distress forgotten as he giggled at the antics of the characters. His brothers watched with him, their own worries momentarily eased by the sight of Leo's happiness.

In this peaceful moment, they were reminded of the strength of their bond. They might not have all the answers, but they had each other. And for now, that was enough.

As the night wore on, the brothers continued to care for their regressed leader, their hearts united by love and determination. No matter what challenges lay ahead, they knew they would face them together, as a family.