wind and rain - kny

Giyuu Tomioka sat by the edge of the river, the gentle sound of flowing water doing little to ease his troubled mind. He had been feeling increasingly overwhelmed, his usually stoic exterior beginning to crack under the pressure of his duties and the weight of his memories. Today had been particularly hard, and he found himself spiraling into a dark place he couldn't escape from.

Sanemi Shinazugawa, returning from a patrol, noticed Giyuu's distant gaze and the tension in his posture. He approached quietly, recognizing the signs of a bad mental health day. Giyuu had always been reserved, but Sanemi had learned to read the subtle cues that indicated his friend was struggling.

"Hey, Giyuu," Sanemi called softly, sitting down beside him. "What's going on? You don't look too good."

Giyuu glanced at Sanemi, his eyes reflecting a depth of sorrow and fatigue. "Just... a lot on my mind," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

Sanemi frowned, his concern deepening. "You don't have to keep all of this to yourself, you know. I'm here for you."

Giyuu nodded slightly, but the weight of his emotions was too much to articulate. He felt himself slipping, the need to regress into a safer, simpler state growing stronger. He had hidden this side of himself from most people, but Sanemi had seen it before and had always been understanding.

Sanemi noticed Giyuu's struggle and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, I've got you your okay"

Tears welled up in Giyuu's eyes as he allowed himself to regress. He felt his adult worries fade, replaced by the innocence and vulnerability of a child. Sanemi's presence was comforting, and he leaned into his friend, seeking the security he desperately needed.

Sanemi wrapped an arm around Giyuu, holding him close. "I've got you, little one. You're safe now."

Giyuu clung to Sanemi, his voice soft and childlike. "S-Sanemi... feew bad."

Sanemi's heart ached for Giyuu. "I know, buddy. But I'm here to make it better. Let's get you somewhere more comfortable, okay?"

Giyuu nodded, allowing Sanemi to help him up. They walked back to Giyuu's quarters, Sanemi keeping a protective arm around him the whole way. Once inside, Sanemi guided Giyuu to the bed and helped him lie down, tucking a soft blanket around him.

"Do you want your stuffie?" Sanemi asked gently.

Giyuu nodded again, his thumb finding its way to his mouth. "Pwease."

Sanemi retrieved a plush toy from a nearby shelf and handed it to Giyuu, who hugged it tightly. Seeing Giyuu so vulnerable tugged at Sanemi's heart, and he vowed to do everything he could to help his friend feel better.

"Would you like a story?" Sanemi offered, sitting beside the bed.

Giyuu's eyes brightened slightly, and he nodded. "Y-yes... stowy."

Sanemi smiled, picking up a book from the nightstand. He began to read, his voice soothing and calm. As he read, he occasionally glanced at Giyuu, watching as the tension slowly melted away from his friend's face. Giyuu's breathing steadied, and he seemed to find comfort in the familiar rhythm of Sanemi's voice.

After finishing the story, Sanemi set the book aside and gently stroked Giyuu's hair. "Feeling a little better now?"

Giyuu nodded, his eyes heavy with sleep. "Fank you, Sanemi," he murmured around his thumb.

"Anytime, Giyuu. You mean a lot to me," Sanemi replied softly. "Now get some rest. I'll be right here if you need me."

Giyuu closed his eyes, his trust in Sanemi helping him drift off to sleep. Sanemi stayed by his side, watching over him with a protective gaze. He knew that Giyuu had many battles to face, both external and internal, but he was determined to be there for him through it all.

As dawn approached, Sanemi reflected on the bond they shared. Despite the hardships, they had found solace in each other. Together, they would face whatever challenges came their way, finding strength in their friendship and the moments of peace they created together.