a safe space - kny

art by: hamsterballpro on deviantArt 

requested by: 

The moon hung high in the sky, casting a silvery glow over the Demon Slayer Corps' headquarters. Inside one of the rooms, Sanemi Shinazugawa paced back and forth, his nerves frayed after a particularly grueling mission. He had always been strong, always pushed himself to the limit, but tonight something inside him felt different. The weight of his responsibilities and the constant battle against demons had taken a toll on him.

Giyuu Tomioka, the Water Hashira, watched from the doorway. He had noticed Sanemi's agitation and knew that his fellow Hashira was struggling. Over the past few months, Giyuu had grown closer to Sanemi, discovering a softer side beneath the Wind Hashira's gruff exterior. He had learned about Sanemi's need to regress to a younger, more innocent state to cope with the trauma and stress of their dangerous lives.

Giyuu approached quietly, his presence calm and reassuring. "Sanemi," he called softly, "do you want to talk?"

Sanemi stopped pacing, his eyes meeting Giyuu's. For a moment, he hesitated, then gave a small nod. "Yeah... maybe I do."

They sat down together, Giyuu listening patiently as Sanemi spoke about the mission, his frustrations, and his fears. As the conversation went on, Giyuu noticed Sanemi's demeanor changing. His tough exterior softened, his words becoming less guarded. Giyuu recognized the signs—Sanemi was beginning to slip into his regressed state.

"It's okay, Sanemi," Giyuu said gently. "You can let go. I'm here for you."

Sanemi's eyes filled with tears, and he didn't resist. He allowed himself to regress, his mind retreating to the safety of his little space. He curled up on the couch, clutching a small blanket Giyuu had brought for him.

Giyuu moved closer, offering comfort. "Do you want anything, little one?" he asked softly.

Sanemi looked up, his eyes wide and innocent. "Stuffie," he murmured in baby talk, his voice small and childlike.

Giyuu smiled, retrieving a plush toy from a nearby shelf. He handed it to Sanemi, who hugged it tightly, a look of contentment spreading across his face.

"Fank you, Giyuu," Sanemi whispered, his thumb finding its way to his mouth.

Giyuu sat beside him, gently stroking his hair. "You're welcome, Sanemi. You're safe now."

The night passed quietly, with Giyuu watching over Sanemi as he regressed fully. Sanemi's usual fierce demeanor was replaced by a vulnerable, childlike innocence. Giyuu made sure he was comfortable, providing soft words of reassurance and gentle touches to keep him at ease.

As dawn approached, Sanemi remained in his little space, feeling a sense of safety and love he rarely experienced. Giyuu stayed by his side, knowing how important it was for Sanemi to have this time to heal and relax.

When morning came, Sanemi stirred, slowly coming out of his regressed state. He looked up at Giyuu, his eyes reflecting gratitude and trust. "Fank you," he said in baby talk, his voice steady but soft.

Giyuu smiled warmly. "Anytime, Sanemi. You don't have to go through this alone."

Sanemi nodded, feeling a newfound sense of comfort in Giyuu's presence. He knew that no matter how tough things got, he had someone who understood and cared for him deeply.

Together, they faced the new day, stronger for the bond they had formed and ready to take on whatever challenges lay ahead.