A Moment of Peace

requested by: Dreamnotfoundf0r3ver

okay just say this is set before master is blind ok :)

The Ubuyashiki Estate was quiet, a rare moment of tranquility amidst the relentless battle against demons. In a secluded corner of the garden, Gyomei Himejima and Sanemi Shinazugawa had gathered with two younger members of the Corps: Muichiro Tokito and Genya Shinazugawa. The day had been particularly grueling, and both boys had involuntarily regressed under the weight of their stress.

Gyomei, ever the gentle giant, had taken charge. He arranged a soft blanket on the grass and laid out an assortment of colorful blocks and plush stuffed animals. Sanemi, though rough around the edges, had a soft spot for his younger brother Genya and was surprisingly tender with him.

Muichiro and Genya, now in their regressed states, sat on the blanket, their expressions childlike and filled with innocent curiosity. Muichiro picked up a plush bunny, hugging it close, while Genya stacked blocks, his concentration entirely focused on the simple task.

"Good job, Genya," Sanemi said, a rare smile gracing his lips as he watched his brother's efforts.

Gyomei nodded approvingly, his calm presence a steadying influence on everyone. "You're both doing very well. Just take your time."

The scene was peaceful, a stark contrast to the usual intensity of their lives. The two boys, lost in their play, found a moment of solace and security under the watchful eyes of Gyomei and Sanemi.

As they played, the soft sound of footsteps approached. Gyomei and Sanemi looked up to see Kagaya Ubuyashiki, the Master, walking towards them. Concern flickered across Sanemi's face, but Gyomei remained calm.

"Kagaya-sama," Gyomei greeted, bowing his head slightly.

The Master smiled gently, his presence radiating warmth. "Gyomei, Sanemi. It's good to see you all here."

Kagaya's gaze softened as he took in the sight of Muichiro and Genya, both immersed in their play. He knelt down beside them, his movements slow and careful. Muichiro looked up, his eyes wide with surprise, while Genya hesitated, unsure of how the Master would react.

"It's alright, little ones," Kagaya said softly, his voice soothing. "You're safe here."

Muichiro's grip on the plush bunny tightened, but he seemed reassured by the Master's presence. Genya, sensing the acceptance in Kagaya's words, continued stacking his blocks, a small smile forming on his lips.

Gyomei and Sanemi exchanged relieved glances. Kagaya's acceptance was a powerful affirmation, a reminder that even in their most vulnerable moments, they were not alone.

"You're doing a wonderful job looking after them," Kagaya said to Gyomei and Sanemi. "Thank you for providing them with the care they need."

Sanemi rubbed the back of his neck, a rare blush coloring his cheeks. "Just doing what needs to be done, Kagaya-sama."

Gyomei bowed his head slightly. "It is our duty and our honor, Master."

Kagaya nodded, his eyes filled with gratitude. He turned his attention back to the boys, reaching out to gently pat Muichiro's head. "Would you like to show me what you're playing with, Muichiro?"

Muichiro nodded shyly, holding up the plush bunny. "This is Bunny," he said softly.

Kagaya smiled. "Bunny is very cute. You take good care of Bunny, don't you?"

Muichiro's eyes sparkled with pride. "Yes, I do."

Genya, emboldened by the Master's gentle demeanor, held up his completed tower of blocks. "Look, Master! I made a big tower!"

Kagaya's smile widened. "That's a magnificent tower, Genya. You did a wonderful job."

As the sun began to set, casting a warm golden glow over the garden, the scene remained one of peace and acceptance. Muichiro and Genya, under the care of Gyomei and Sanemi and the watchful eye of Kagaya, found a moment of pure, unburdened joy. In that fleeting moment, they were reminded of the strength that came from unity, compassion, and unwavering support.