Chapter 1

Lehar POV

"Lakshmi Aunty, all the items are made, please pack it in the boxes. Its getting late, I have to send these deliveries and wake up my Jhansi ki Rani",

"Okay Didi",

I heard Lakshmi Aunty replying from the drawing room, mopping the floor and went towards my bedroom to get ready. 

I showered quickly and wore a pastel green top and contrasting bottom with a duppata which has intricate handy work on it. I brushed my hair, pulling my hairs in a pony and applied a cherry colored lip balm, going towards my daughter's room with spring in my steps as she has to get ready for her school.

I pushed open her bedroom door and my daughter was still asleep in the bed. I pulled the blanket covering her frame and my playful, naughty daughter caught the other end of the blanket restraining me from pulling it away. I left tugging her blanket and pulled on her feet, dragging her towards me, tickling and I heard a series of giggles from Pihu "Mama, stop",

I hugged my daughter to myself and I felt an eternal warmth envelope me. I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I kissed her forehead and I felt my daughter wiping my tears away "Dramatic Mama, do you have to cry daily?" 

I playfully pushed her head and chided her to get ready while she kissed me on my cheeks running away to washroom. I shook my head at her display of affections and her subtle mocking while helping Lakshmi pack the parcels which is when Pihu appeared all dressed. 

I went and braided my hairs while my Pihu spoke about all the classes she had today, what all she was afraid about and what all was she excited about. I heard her chatter and then took her to the prayer room. We both prayed and Pihu started wearing her shoes, while Lakshmi put all the boxes in the back of the cab and I locked the doors after Pihu hopped outside.

Pihu went and hugged her grandfather who stood by the car, ready to drop us at our destinations and ride his taxi until late at night. Although I tell him to take it easy he refuses to listen

Pihu sat on my lap while I sat beside my father. Pihu chatted with her grand father while I looked on silently. My dad refuses to speak to me as before because of my one naive mistake. Although Pihu has her grandfather and I have a father figure at home, ensuring safety and protection in our society, I lost my dad that day when I made that blunder. Our relationship has never been like before.

The cab stopped at Pihu's school and Pihu hopped down, running away inside after kissing my cheek and waving to her grand father. I looked at her retreating back, lost in thought when I heard his voice "Where I am I dropping you ?" 

I gave him the corporate address where the food was ordered from and we travelled in silence. Once we reached close to the office location, I called the office boy and requested him to help me get the parcels.

I gave the ordered number of boxes to the receptionist and collected the money, while my father waited outside. We made 5 more stops and I gave the boxes at the designated office spaces after which we drove back towards our home

I calculated all the profit I made today and thanked god that my food catering and cloud kitchen is going well. This is the business which ensures that I give Pihu the life style she deserves but also ensures that I safeguard all of our lives.

While I was toying with the calculator I heard my father's voice "If you had not made that blunder, you would not have been slacking like this, your life would be so different, you would not have had to do these big calculations everyday, you would not have had to travel the whole city supplying those boxes and ...

"And what father ? Yes, if I would not have made that blunder, I would have finished my masters, gone abroad and probably earned well enough to never deal with judgemental people like you but I would not have had Pihu, and for Pihu I will give up all those dreams and successes in a wink ... Yes I supply food, they eat and they bless me, they pay me which pays mine, Pihu's expenses and safeguard our future",

 "It pains you probably to even speak these few words to me the daughter who shamed you, but while we are speaking, let me tell you I am grateful, grateful for Pihu for making me a mother, grateful for having you around even though you hate my existance",

I wiped my tears away and looked into the cold eyes of my dad

"You did not have to be around me and drive me around every day, but you do that owing to your responsibility and duty but I am thankful for all the little help you do, thank you Appa".

Saying that I walked inside the house locking the door from inside and started cutting, chopping and readying the vegetables and spices for online orders from food delivery apps. In the next few hours I made the orders while our stay at home maid Lakshmi handed it to the delivery agents while I got small profits for each delivery.

I relaxed with a cup of tea shutting down my work by 4 pm which is when Pihu gets picked up by her grandpa and gets dropped at home. This is the time I look forward to, our mother and daughter bonding time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

Here is the chapter one of this book

Hope you like it, please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu