Chapter 2

Lehar POV

As I relaxed on the couch with the tea and 90's music I thought about the conversation I had with my dad. It has been 8 years since my father spoke to me other than the few words he speaks like "Where to pick you up ?," "Where to drop you?", etc. Today he spoke, after 8 long years about how upset he was regarding the decisions I have made in the past. Although I am sad that he is still bitter about it I am glad that he expressed today.

I finished my tea and went into the kitchen to make a quick snack for my Pihu. I made cheese sandwiches with veggies and made her a glass of horlicks milk. Pihu ran inside the kitchen area removing her shoes and socks, throwing the bag and tiffin bag beside the door. I picked her up and she kissed me on my cheeks and I kissed her back, putting her down. I told her to go freshen up so that she can have her snack, she nodded and ran away to her bedroom.

I put her snack on the dining table and she came back. She changed into a cotton frock which is super comfy and she loves the purple in the dress. As she finished her snack she chatted away about her day, her favorite teachers and the drama between her friends while I heard everything enjoying each second with my baby girl.

Once the snacking was done, both me and Pihu went out to the society park. While I brisk walked with music, Pihu played with her friends, all the while I  kept an eye out for my daughter. Pihu joined me on my last round around the park holding my hand after which we both went home.

While Lakshmi and I made dinner, Pihu sat down to finish her homework. Once I was done with the cooking, I sat down with Pihu, helping her study what all they taught her in school. Oh, how much I missed studying, for a few seconds I remembered the old version of myself. The one who was talented, smart, athletic, driven and career oriented, once Pihu came into my life everything changed.

 Pihu finished with her studies after an hour and a half and she packed and kept her stuff ready for next day. I fed her an early dinner and by 8:00 pm, I was putting her to sleep. Once Pihu slept off, I had her dinner and sat down on the stairs outside in the patio looking at the stars.

I remembered that special person in my life who gave me Pihu and automatically a few tears made its way into my eyes. I spoke to the stars hoping to convey my message to this person.

 "Hello, hope you are having a blast up there. I am back, hoping to bug you and give you an update on our lives. I know, may be you are too tired listening to the same routine again and again but I gotta annoy you everyday and tell you about our day otherwise I cannot really have a peaceful sleep. 

"So, did you see how our Pihu is growing ? She makes me so proud when I see her doing her own stuff on time or how thoughtful she is or how she cracks me up with her sense of humor. I am doing the best I can to be a good mother to her, if I ever mess up please do guide me and hold my hand to pull me out of the ditch. I love you". 

When I finished my daily rant a car made its way inside the gate and my father walked in to the house. He looked tired and hungry, as he had his night shower I heated his food and served him dinner.

Once, he came to the dining table, I poured him some water, churned some butter milk and kept it beside his plate. He sat down on the chair and when I was about to leave the room to go to sleep his voice stopped me.

"How many days will you lead your life like this? Are you not tired ? Dont you feel like having someone to share your life with and be happy ?",

I turned back and sat down on the chair, in front of him

"You want to talk, lets talk dad. I am not tired, yes some days I feel alone because it has been ages since you spoke to me heartfully. You have maintained silence for 8 years dad. The only reason why I am even existing is because of Pihu and honestly I dont remember much about my past life",

He sighed and I thought he would not speak anymore, I started getting up and leaving when what he said next startled me

"I forgive you for what you did that day, I know its the situations we should blame and not you. But, watching you bend yourself in everyway to provide Pihu with the lifestyle she is having, alone, breaks my heart. Its Pihu's birthday tommorow, I love her with all my heart but when I see her I also see how my own daughter failed to get what all she deserves and I cannot do anything but just watch. I feel helpless Lehu",

My eyes watered at his pet name and I ran to him and kept my head on his lap crying my heart out

"I know you feel helpless dad, but I also see how hard you work so that on a rainy day we would not suffer. Whatever happened it happened because of our fates dad, we cannot change it but we do have to bear the fruits of it, I know you love Pihu, I can see it in your eyes but I also know how you stood by my side calmly even with all the complaints you had on me",

He slowly patted my head, oh, how much I craved for his fatherly affection. The daughter in me feels fulfilled today. I am no longer fatherless.

"Go, sleep Lehu, I and Lakshmi will decorate the home for my grand child's birthday",

I nodded and smiled with tears in my eyes. I slept on my bed and looked out at the stars from my window

"I know you did this, you gave me back my dad, thank you love",

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

Oh god, this was an emotional chapter to write for me

Random question: 

What are those moments which you spent with your mom or dad which still makes you nostalgic?

Hope you liked it readers

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu