Chapter 21

Lehar POV

After paying the auto driver, we both got down. We walked side by side until we reached our home. I turned towards him before I went inside

Me: So, it was a good day. I loved it 

Raghav: It was a great day for me, the girl I have this intense feelings for has accepted to date me

I blushed when he placed a quick kiss on my cheek

Me: Raghav, somebody might see

Raghav: You think I care ?

Me: I dont want to care Raghav, I am or I should say I was rebellious too but we have Pihu and I need to consider the emotions of that little girl when I do something because when people talk rashly about her mom it would affect her ..

Raghav: Hey, what are you worried about ?

Me: Being a single mother gets me pity, sympathy and taunts too. I can bear that but I know some people question things about my marital status with Pihu, she heard questions like dont you have a dad ? or is your mom a single mom ? etc. It does affect her, she becomes quiet. 

Raghav: Has it happened before ?

I nodded 

Me: Raghav, can I ask you something ?

Raghav nodded 

Me: Why dint you ever question about my past ? Why were you never curious about what happened to us ?

Raghav: Let me tell you something Lehar, people are curious. They want to know every thing regarding people around them but they dont care if the information will ever matter to them. Likewise, what would I ever do knowing your past ? The decisions you made and the trauma you had to face was your's so what is the point of me trying to think about it and judge you ? 

Raghav: You are single mother, that is the truth, good for me. If I judge a single mother then I am judging all the mothers out there who have worked hard to raise their child with all sorts of problems. I am not vain to do that, you can trust me on this.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes and held his cheek in my palm. I raised myself and slowly pecked his cheek with all the emotions I could muster while he held me by my waist. It was then we heard a loud booming voice calling Raghav's name.

We turned to the source and saw a middle aged lady standing with a disgusted expression on her face. She was our neighbour. Oh god, she is a huge gossip, but why is she glaring at Raghav?

Me: Aunty, please come inside

Aunty: You, dont even talk to me. I dont want to talk to a valueless, unethical person who has a very questionable past

That words did prick me 

Raghav came and stood in front of me preventing her from sneering at me and saving me from her judgemental eyes

Raghav: Aunty, that was rude. Please apolozise to her right now !! 

Aunty: Apology my foot, she does not deserve one and you , how could you let her use you like this. First, she becomes a mother out of wedlock. Nobody knows who is the father and now she is hitting on a single, handsome and rich guy to satisfy her urges ..

Raghav: Enough Aunty !! If you are insulting her, the women I am madly in love with then you are not welcome here. I dont care about the misconceptions you hold or how lowly you think of a struggling single mother okay ? Please realize that, you are on their property bad mouthing them, which can be catered as nuisance to others, be glad she is not throwing you out or worse, lodging a complaint.

Aunty: Raghav, you are supporting her over your guardian ? Her a characterless ...

Before she completed the sentence he raised his voice 

Raghav: ENOUGH !! She was a single mother who is struggling to take care of her child. I love her, I want a future with her and Pihu. If I dont have that problem then why the hell are you stressing yourself about it ? Showing concern is different thing, but verbal abuse, emotional abuse and mental abuse will not be tolerated okay ?

Aunty: Her past tells her character Raghav, you cannot ignore that 

Raghav: Oh yeah ? Sorry to bring this up but your son had 2 relationships before his wedding last year. Your daughter too ...

Aunty: RAGHAV !! That is my daughter you are talking about 

Raghav: Exactly, if your children dates somebody or stays with his girlfriends then it is okay ? Your daughter dating her collegue is also okay. But, this women having a past is an offence ?

Aunty: Yes, my kids had a past but they never got a child out of it 

Raghav: Is it ? Are you sure ? What if they were pregnant ? What if they decided to get rid of it ?

Aunty: What ? Raghav you cannot make assumptions ...

Her face was shocked at the logic Raghav was applying

Raghav: Oh yeah ? Then who gave you a right to make your assumptions ? No one knows the exact truth about Lehar. Was she married ? Did somebody cheat her ? Was she abused ? Was she widowed, no one knows the whole truth then why are you assuming the worst about my Lehar and Pihu ? 

Aunty looked shocked seeing his fight and anger, I was shocked seeing the cool and calm Raghav fighting for me with his guardian

Raghav: Whatever her past was, she bared the consequences of it. She was brave to raise a single child perfectly, on her own. Look at that strength, the braveness, the love she had for her kid even though she was betrayed by destiny. When people pester their kids to get married they look for a loving, caring and motherly wife which Lehar is, they expect kids from them, here I am already giving my dead parents 1 cutest readymade kid. I think they will be happy about my decision. 

Aunty was spell bound, she stared down at us and left while Raghav scowled at her. Once she was gone he held me by my shoulders 

Raghav: Are you okay Lehar ?

I nodded. He touched my teary cheeks tenderly and wiped away the tears, pulling me into a hug.

Raghav: I am so sorry, baby 

He held me, with his hands rested decently on my upper back. I looked at him with tears in my eyes but I smiled through them

Me: Did you say that you love me and want to marry me ?

Raghav: Oh that ? 

He stepped away from me, running his hands in his hair

Raghav: This is not the way I want to do this. I wanted to take sometime and give you opportunity so that you could know me and trust me. There are loads of things we need to discuss so ... Lehar I meant what I said thought 

Me: Okay 

Raghav: Please dont freak out, I am sorry it was too early to grow this intense feelings. There is something about you and Pihu. Its ..

He was blabbering and I needed to shut him up. I walked close to him and held his shoulders with my hands. Damn, they were well sculptured. 

Get your thoughts out of gutter silly

I made them look at me and touched my nose to his, giggling at how stressed he looked

Me: Its okay, I was just surprised because I had to hear your honest feelings in an uncomfortable situation

He smiled relived and hugged me 

Raghav: By the way, Pihu and your dad planned a surprise party for you. If not for that aunty ... Anyways, lets go inside so that you can cut the cake 

I nodded smiling and went inside with his hand around my shoulder 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All

Here is the new update

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu