Chapter 12

Lehar POV

All throughout the ride back home I was thinking about what Raghav said. I looked beside me and Raghav was looking outside holding the sleeping Pihu to himself. After draining her energy running here and there at the carnival she finally got sleepy. At first I wanted to carry her but she wanted her dear Raghav to hold her.

Pihu: Maa, you felt weak a while back and you could not possibly carry me till we reach home. Raghav looks much more stronger, so I think Raghav should carry me

Although I did not feel so thrilled at her reasoning I nodded at her and Raghav was carrying her for a while now

Me: I am sorry about the trouble. She looks quite taken by you.

Raghav: And you still sound jealous

Me: Well, it was always just me and her most of the time. Now, she met you and suddenly she is like Raghav is my favorite person. She has never gotten attached like this to anyone else till now.

Raghav: Are you complimenting me or insulting me ?

Me: I am just thinking out loud. What is that thing which made her fall in love with you in such a less time ?

Raghav: Mam, the fact is that I am a very charming, handsome and interesting man. She just noticed it being a fellow interesting person. Only boring people cannot understand or see my charm.

I glared at him and looked outside, suddenly a huge speed breaker came in. I thought I would fall off the seat but his hand shoot out pulling me to himself. At that second something like warmth made its way inside my belly.

We looked at each other or rather stared at each other. An another speed breaker came and this time I was pushed into him. What is happening here ? Why were we not able to look away. 

Driver: Your location is here 

His voice made us look away and I got out followed by Raghav carrying Pihu. I handed the cash as my mobile was switched off but the driver did not have change.

Raghav: I have the change 

Me: Let me take her 

I carried Pihu now so that it would be easy for him to find the change. He handed the cash and we started walking towards the gate

Raghav: Lehar ?

Me: Hmm ?

I looked towards him and he had a serious expression on his face

Raghav: You are a great mom Lehar. Never doubt the fact okay ? And remember that it is okay to take a break and it is great to do things for yourself because a happy women makes a much better mom

He bent towards me and my heart rate sped up but all he did was kiss Pihu on the forehead. But, just him close to me for those few seconds made my heart run. Oh damn, I feel warmth and butterflies again. What is happening here ?

He walked backward wishing good night and left while I laid Pihu on her bed. I kissed her on the forehead and her round cheeks.

Me: Never leave your Maa okay ?

I laid my head on her heart for few seconds and was about to go back to my room when I heard her sleepy voice

Pihu: Raghav is right, you are a wonderful mother, its okay to take time for yourself

Me: Sneaky rat, you were not asleep?

Pihu: I was sleepy but the speed breakers and the noisy road woke me. I was tired so I let you guys carry me.

I shook my head, glaring at her when she gave me a toothy smile. This girl has all the skills to melt a freaking hitler. I kissed her and left the room. I brushed my teeth, changed my clothes and laid down on the bed.

Slowly, I fell asleep only to wake up suddenly with a dream. It was always dreams of traumatic past but this time it was about the future.

 The dream showed me in a graduation ceremony, Pihu, Dad and Raghav cheering for me. Afterwards I was dressed up at a peppy restaurant with music and I was pulled into someone with their hand on my waist. I was about to protest only to find a friendly face and I smiled the face was Raghav's. 

I woke up startled and wiped my brows. What was that dream about ? Why was I in his arms, hugging him and why was I enjoying it ?

I went outside and looked up to the sky 

"You know what is going on dont you? What is happening to me ? Is Raghav saying the truth ? Is Raghav rightin saying that I can be a good mom while being a women who does what she loves ? Please show me a way naa",

I slept back in my bed and the dream continued this time I was wearing a black maxi with a graduation robe on top, walking down the aisle to collect my diploma. As soon as I was handed the diploma, I walked down the steps only to be hugged by excited Pihu, my dad patting my head proudly and Raghav looking on with a proud smile.

I woke up again but this time I knew I wanted the dream to be true. I got my sign.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Hope you like this chapter

Please vote and comment 

Regards,

Indu