Chapter 26

Lehar POV

My face fell as soon as I realised what I have revealed in the moments of passion. Raghav, sat beside me and pulled my face to face him. His expression only held kindness and curiosity over my statement.

Raghav: You can trust me with your secret Lehar. I am okay not knowing it but what you said spiked my interest in regards to your secret. 

He looked at my face and took a deep breath

Raghav: If you dont want to tell me its okay 

He was about to move away when I put my hand on top of his

Me: Pihu is not my biological daughter

Raghav POV

I know it took her a lot of courage to tell the truth out, I held her palm in my hand and kissed the back of it. I looked deep into her eyes trying to convey my support to continue. She took away the hand I held and I spotted her teary eyes

Me: Hey, what happened ?

Lehar: I hid a truth from you Raghav, I held this secret close to me because I was protective of Pihu. I did not want her to be subjected to taunts or discriminative behaviour when people find out the truth. I first assumed we are not going to last owing to my insecurities but now we are in that serious place.

I wanted to tell you as soon as you proposed but I never got the time and the Lehar in me was so engaged in enjoying being your fiancee that ...I am sorry

Me: You dont have to apolozise. You had your reasons to hide the facts and I also can predict how scared you must be that if you told me the truth then may be I might not really want Pihu or how I might treat her differently. That was it right ? 

Lehar: That was one of my insecurities, last time when dad bought one alliance, he told them the truth and when things dint go accordingly the guy's mom almost revealed to Pihu about the secret. 

I just wanted to be sure how me opening up the truth would not bring any unfair circumstances to Pihu. I might not have given birth to her but she is my heart. 

Raghav: So what is the story of Pihu ? 

She held my hand in hers and she looked at the rain outside from my bedroom window. She turned towards the view outside as my hand was in her grip, her back was snuggled close to my front. Her eyes on the dark sky. 

Me: It was a night like this that I got Pihu. It was scary that time, the thunder, the rumbling. I had a sister. She was the daughter of the family we were employed with. They were very kind and did a lot for us. Her mom died in childhood and her dad was very busy. 

She being a single daughter loved spending time with our family. She is like an elder sister to me. She got married early for her dad's dying last wish and had a failed marraige. She was all alone because her father died right before her wedding. She was nervous to leave him and stay in the same town as her ex. The town could be unforgiving on rumours so, she wanted to come to the city alone.

My dad and me decided to come with her and settle her here as she was like their elder daughter and my sister while my mom stayed back in the town taking care of our ailing grand parents who were adamant not to leave the town.

She was in her 8th month and we were home alone as dad missed mom and his parents so he was travelling. I was here with her until she had a craving for ice cream, I did something which I am still guilty of them.

I wanted to fulfill her wish and her pregnant ranting helped. We took dad's cab and decided to get the ice creams. It rained on the way and as I was still a new driver, with a sudden head light flashing, I lost control leading to an accident.

She died while she gave birth because of internal bleeding while I sustained a few injuries. I was ridden by guilt that I snatched away a mom from a new born. I went to hold her when she cried and at that moment she opened her big eyes looking straight at me. She had my sister's eyes, she was my sister actually, her features were all her. That second I made a promise that I will be her mother. 

Dad was pissed that I caused an accident and killed her. He was more furious on the fact that I took it upon myself to raise her as a mom while quitting my studies. I did not care Raghav, I had Pihu and I made a promise ...

The reliving of that tragic day got tears in her eyes. Her shoulders shook and I quickly took her in my arms. My chin resting on her neck, holding her while she sobbed in guilt. I pushed her hair which was falling on her neck and pushed it away.

Me: Its okay now Lehar 

I showered kisses on on the curve of her neck, her ear and nape while she slowly stopped sobbing. She turned towards me and I wiped those tears away

Lehar: You dont hate me do you ?

Me: God no, Lehar. If anything I love you more, you are very brave sweet heart.

My heart pumped with pride at the revealtion on how pure and compassionate my Lehar was. I pulled her close to me and softly kissed her lips to affirm my affections. Once I did that she slowly forgot about her past and lost herself in our kisses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is the new update

Hope you like it

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu