Chapter 33

Hello All,

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raghav POV

To say that I was scared would be an understatement

My uncle although, strict, rigid and sad in general, he had always been financially supportive to me when my parents expired. For me he went against his parents and hence I will always feel grateful for him. 

I love Lehar and Pihu, that is the fact but I also know they might be subjected to cold behaviours at my place. I also knew or can predict how my uncle might behave but other than offering emotional support to Lehar I cannot really do anything in front of my uncle if he says anything rude. 

I respect and fear him immensely. I am scared for Lehar too, but I know that with my front warning Lehar would understand. She might be hurt, upset but I promised to myself that I will give her all the support she needs while I might not really be able to stand for the father figure in my life.

I am a coward, I know. I wish Lehar would understand me. I saw her putting her bags with Pihu with a sweet smile on her face. She was wearing a yellow and white Kurti and matching leggings with stole. Her hair was left open. The only jewelry she had on was the nuptial chain and the engagement ring. Maroon vermillion adorned her partition. 

To think that a women like her was my wife filled my heart with pride. She was caring, compassionate, understanding and extremely motherly. Ofcourse, she has her quirks too, like she wants certain things to be in her own way, she isolates herself from judgemental and trauma giving people. She might forgive you but she might never forget what bad you did to her and may never trust you.

That was what I was afraid of. Being in her bad books. Letting her down and giving her problems after I promised a good life is not something I planned but why do I feel like my chest is pained thinking about what she might go though.

I was in my thoughts when Lehar came out. She called my name and held my hand to pull me inside the car I booked.

Lehar: Raghav, where are you lost ? Come ...

I held her palm and crashed her into me hugging her close. Her scent enticing and comforting me. She was surprised for a second before she hugged me, running her hands on my back.

Lehar: Are you okay ?

Me: I am sorry Lehar 

Lehar: For what ?

Me: I am so scared that his words might hurt you and I promise I ...

Lehar: Raghav ... I love you and I know we would be facing uncomfortable situations. I know you are scared and intimidated by your uncle. I also know you respect him too much for raising a voice against him but, let me tell you one thing. If you cannot protect me or raise your voice for me, then I will do that for me and Pihu. You should not involve then, okay ?

Me: Promise, I love you but I have craved for his attention, acceptance and love for a while. Now, that I will be in front of him, I am also sure that I would be shutting down in front of him. Its pathetic for you I know, I am a coward I know that too, but forgive me for that. I ...

She closed my mouth and hugged me close 

Lehar: I know you love me and you want no harm to me. I also know you have grown so much anticipation for this reunion after ages that you would not be able to raise your voice against him. Respect and fear of losing them does that to you. But dont worry, we will handle it, if you mess up, you will be sleeping on the couch simple ...