Chapter 36

Lehar POV 

Can you tell her the truth

I am her dad 

Please let her stay here

I need to tell Pihu the truth, what if she rejects me and would want to stay here?

Will she be happy here ?

If I leave her here will I ever be happy ? 

I opened my eyes startled and I was back to the room where I had woken up a few hours ago. Raghav was talking to the women who looked experienced in ayurveda. She smiled at me and ranted off memorized instructions to Raghav.

She left the room and I saw that my legs were exposed, showing off the guazed areas. 

Raghav: You hurt yourself pretty good.

When I realized he was there too I quickly covered my legs with a bed sheet. Funny how time changes, two days ago, I was naked and moaning his name in pleasure and now I am covering myself like he is a stranger to me.

His face looked pained at my action but he still walked to me and sat on the chair beside my bed.

Raghav:  Do you remember how you got hurt ?

Me: I must have tumbled down when I was running to search Pihu 

Raghav: I am sorry 

Me: What all are you sorry for ?

He looked at me with a serious expression at my taunt but that softened in next second

Raghav: Everything ... I ..

Me: Dai Maa said you were in love with me

Raghav: I know after all this its difficult for you to trust me and hear me out. When I started this I was in illusion that I was finding a brutal kidnapper who has captured my uncle's wife and also took her daughter too. I was confused on why you would do something so bad and yet not demand anything in return.

Then I have had you investigated, that guy showed me the will and how you were like a sibling to Prisha. I even found some old pictures of school annual function where you were with Prisha, taking care of her while she worked. I even visited the hospital finding out how Prisha died in accident and from then you adopted her with the support of will.

In the next week I followed you curious, a gorgeous women who embraced motherhood openly without any qualms. I saw how good you were with Pihu. I saw you working day and night to send Pihu to that school and your dad driving a cab. You pray to Prisha's picture daily and speak to her. 

I knew then that I was calling it off. I tried to tell Dai Maa the truth and tried to reach out to Arjun uncle but she was doing all his communications. I stopped heeding to her blackmail and started living rather happily as your tenant trying to find an opportunity to convince and bring you here with Pihu.

I thought  Dai Maa will let it be but she came here and tried to harm you once and kidnap Pihu once while I was around. She told me I had to do it or you will lose your life. I needed to get close to my uncle to get the support and for that I needed the time.

I convinced her I will go through the plan and she left the city. We fell in love, or rather I fell first and you reciprocated. Her plan was that I will get married to you and the same day they all will come to the temple, taking or rather snatching Pihu away because I would be adopting Pihu as mine, giving me the rights to decide for her.

I did not want to follow through her plan. I wanted a peaceful scene, so I did what I never did before. I reached out to grand ma who had soft spot for my mom even after her scandalous marraige. 

I told her how Dai Maa, is making a mess with her plans which might make Pihu hate us if we take her away by getting rid of you. Rather, it will be smart if I convince you to meet all of you and then talk to you face to face. I told her what I assumed to be the truth and told her knowing you we can work out something. My grand mother was craving to meet her grand daughter, so she agreed and spoke to uncle, who told Dai Maa off and let me implement what I thought was right. 

Lehar, believe me I only wanted what is the best for both of the families. I wanted Pihu to have that love, ofcourse I did not know what were the reasons that Prisha ran away. I thought it was misunderstandings, and wanted them cleared

Me: I dont know if I can believe you or trust you. But believe me on this, if I am seperated from my daughter without my consent, if Pihu is affected then I will not spare any of you. I might die fighting but I will ensure you are all dead too.

Raghav: I know, Pihu is my uncle's daughter. I want her to have a happy life, as a daughter of a respected man, who did so much for the county. I have seen him crave for daughter's love. Now I realized, they both were miserable without each other.

I could not argue with that. I have seen Prisha crying and missing her husband. 

Me: I can understand the reasons why you did something. If it helps my Pihu, then good. But if it gives us pain, I will never be able to forgive you and there would be no relationship between us.

Raghav: So you are saying, until things work itself out, we are still husband and wife

His eyes twinkled when he questioned that and I was transported back to the carefree times. I had to get a grip.

Me: No, until then we are on pause. Once I see how everything plays out then I will take a final call on our relationship.

His face looked gloomy but he nodded at what I said. The door opened and Pihu walked in. My mood was so much better seeing her

Pihu: Are you okay mom ?

I nodded tired

She jumped on the bed and snuggled close to me

Raghav: Pihu, her ankles have bandages so ..

Pihu: I will be careful Raghav, I wont hurt your wife

I slept off snuggled to my daughter while Pihu and Raghav chatted about me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

Here is the new update

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu