Chapter 41

Raghav POV

Pihu was upset with the whole information which has been dumped on her. She seems to be angry with Lehar as she was hid the truth for so long. Today, at the breakfast table we were going to ask her decision. 

Lehar needs to go back to the city because of pending big food contracts and the examinations for the certifications she has been learning will be conducted soon. She feels that going back to her routine, working and studying will be better than doing nothing in the mansion.

Lehar has always been independent so, for her, sitting and not doing anything does bug her to the core. We all were seated on the breakfast table facing Pihu and she was supposed to tell her decision.

If she wants to come with us we will be taking her with us tommorow when we leave or else we will be going alone. The ball is in Pihu's court now. Pihu looked down for a while before she looked back at her dad.

Pihu: I am staying with you dad 

She threw that bomb on us and casually walked away. Arjun looked happy that his daughter choose him but was also concerned on how Lehar would react. Lehar had a deep poker face. She did not react for a while, staring straight ahead. 

She finally came out of her thoughts and smiled at Arjun and my grand parents. 

Lehar: Well, its settled then. Arjun, thank you so much for your hospitality throughout these few weeks. Aunty, Uncle, thank you for being extremely sweet towards me and showing me around. We will leave in the morning.

Grand Mom: Lehar, you have taken extremely good care of Pihu. You were an amazing mother. Why dont you and Raghav, stay back ..

Me: Ammama, her father is back in city and she has a lot of catering contracts she needs to fulfill. That is her life in the end. We will keep visiting though.

Ammama nodded at my words but I know she was unhappy. Tatha accepted me but has still not opened up towards me.

Me: We have to go pack now 

I walked with Lehar who has been extremely silent after announcing that we will leave. She has not shown any other emotions. Once we were in our suite she started packing our step.

Lehar: Raghav, should I pack your traditional outfits too ? 

Me: I have some sets in the pent house so no need but Lehar, I will pack you dont have to worry about my packing.

She nodded and started packing but I know she was looking for chores to do to divert ourselves. Finally she took out some of Pihu's stuff from her bag and walked out of our room. I followed her concerned.

Pihu was staring off the space and when she looked at Lehar she put up a tough face

Pihu: What are you both doing here ? If you came to convince me to come with you ...

Lehar: Some of your stuff got mixed with mine. I dont know if you have any use for it here, but check it out. If you dont need them just donate them.

Lehar handed over Pihu's picture albums, her clothes, her accessories etc. I cannot believe she let go of Pihu's albums too, I thought she will keep them.

Lehar: Good Luck Pihu !! I will talk to your principal and courier your transfer certificates here. Take care !!

Pihu: Wait, thats it ? Is that all you have to say ?

Lehar: Well, you called me a stranger, you were cold and you showed remorse/anger about your mom handing you to me, so I gathered, you would be thrilled to get rid of me. 

Pihu frowned at Lehar's words. She did not like Lehar speaking to her that way.

Lehar: Although, one thing Pihu, I always told you I will tell you a truth when you are old enough ... I never planned to hide it. I just thought you were a child who would not understand, which was exactly the case. Bye, we leave in the morning.

Saying that she walked out of the suite followed by me, I cannot understand what is happening here. Why has Pihu chosen to stay when I know she clearly cannot function without Lehar and vice versa.

Next day morning, we have put our bags in the car ready to go. Pihu was not there to say the good bye. Lehar looked like she made peace with Pihu not showing up. She hugged my grand mom, she took blessings of grand dad and smiled at Arjun.

I hugged them all and opened the door for Lehar. She was about to get in when Pihu came out running

Pihu : Lehar ..

Lehar saw the panting Pihu and got down the car

Pihu: I am sorry for being rude to you. It was unforgivable on my part. Everything was a big misunderstanding on everybody's part so it was not cool of me to be rude and cold to you. 

Pihu held Lehar's hand and looked at her with her big eyes 

Pihu: I choose to stay with dad because, all this years, I missed out on experiencing the love of dad. I know you think that I am being selfish, but as soon as I saw him, I bonded with him. I lost a lot of years with him and would love to spend my time knowing him and being there for him. This decision has nothing to do with my childish anger towards you. 

Lehar bent down in front of Pihu and cupped her face

Lehar: So you are no longer angry at me ?

Pihu: No, I was just overwhelmed by everything. I felt angry I lost out on so many moments with dad and grand parents.

Lehar nodded and started to get up. She got a bit woobly and I steadied her.

Me: You okay, Lehar ?

She nodded with a smile and got into the car. I bid adieu to my family and we both started for the city. She was responding to me but I know it was killing her from inside.

Now I understand what she said when she spoke about how empty she would feel without Pihu. I let her be in her thoughts and promised to myself that I will do everything in my power to get her back to normal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

Here is the new update

Hope you like it

Please vote and comment 

Regards,

Indu