Chapter 22

Lehar POV

Me and Raghav both walked into my home and spotted that Pihu and Dad decorated the whole hall with banners. The surprising fact was that, they were not only celebrating my graduation but they also celebrated Raghav's win at the firm, for the contract he was working so hard for.

Raghav: Pihu, Dad how come ?

Dad: Well you did so many arrangements and decorations for my daughter but we thought you deserve the same kind of celebration too for your success 

I looked at him proud and held his hand to pull him towards the cake placed on the table. They both made us both cut the cake together and stood in the sidelines so that we were sweetly forced to feed each other first

Raghav: You have cream smudged on the lips 

Me: Oh 

I started wiping it away but I guess I smudged the cream more because I heard Raghav chukling 

Raghav: May I ?

I nodded and he slowly wiped the cream away from the side of my lips with his thumb. I handed him a tissue to wipe it off but he declined it. Rather, he put his thumb in his mouth sucking the cream away. I looked at his little naughty yet sweet gesture and blushed while dad coughed which pulled us out of the bubble.

We both fed the cake to Pihu and Dad after which we danced for famous songs. Ofcourse, me and Raghav were forced to dance together by Pihu but we stood there staring into each other's eyes as we were in public. We had heartful dinner after which we settled on the couch talking mindlessly until Pihu went off to sleep.

Suddenly, Raghav cleared his throat and got my dad's attention

Raghav: Uncle, I feel very guilty to romance your daughter in front of you without having this talk with you. I know you both played a path in pushing us together but I need to do this. Uncle, I really love and respect Lehar. I would be very lucky to have her as my wife. 

I know its way early, ofcourse I would like to take some time and date so that we are more comfortable with each other but I want your consent and blessings.

His speech filled my eyes while dad looked at him 

Dad: I know you were a good man when I first saw you. First I let you into the house, now I am okay to give you my Lehar. I need one promise though, you will always keep her happy and away from melancholy, okay?

Raghav: I promise uncle

Dad: Call me dad, like Lehar 

Raghav smiled and fulfilled his wish 

Raghav: So can I talk to Lehar alone now ?

Dad laughed out loud and started to leave the room 

Dad: By the way your family friend came to see you. She saw the arrangements and how busy you are so she left. Did you guys meet her on the way ?

Raghav and I maintained a stoic expression

Dad: Wait, what is with the frowns ?

Me: She judged me dad, she does not like me or my past ...

Raghav: That would not be a problem Lehar I told you. She is a family friend and she will not have a stupid control on my life. My parents would have loved you, so please trust me. She will not be a problem okay ?

Dad : Lehar you lived for Pihu all your life. You did not care about others all the time and embraced motherhood then why are you worried about people now ?

Me: Dad, but now its about Raghav. I would not want him to take the brunt of my past ..

Raghav turned me towards him 

Raghav: Do you trust me Lehar 

I looked into his eyes 

Me: I do 

Raghav: Do you think I am a man who can protect and safeguard his women ? 

Me: I do 

Raghav: Then why are you worried about the effect this silly rumours or judgements have on me ?

Me: Raghav, it would be fine before, but when all these judgements kind off eat away any relationship. The rumours, the bad mouthing, the judgements, the illusions ..

Raghav: Hey, look at me 

I looked at him 

Me: We will not let it happen ? Anything ugly we hear, we talk it out calmly okay ? We will shout, fight but we will never end us okay ?

I nod after which he hugged me to himself. I saw that dad has already scooted away from the scene. 

Me: When did he leave ?

Raghav: When we started hugging, cool dad right ?

I chuckled and he took my palm in his pulling me towards the Patio

Me: Why did you get me here, I am tired 

Yes that was whiny but Raghav just smirked 

Raghav: Didnt know you could be whiny 

Me: Well you know that now 

Raghav: Its quite cute 

I rolled my eyes at him 

We got seated on the patio stairs and looked at each other. The moon light was bright falling upon us 

Raghav: I had something to tell you.

Me: What is it ?

He gulped and ran his fingers through his hair 

Me: Raghav?

Raghav: Promise you wont leave me or break up with me ?

Me: Okay, tell me but you should know you are scaring me

Raghav: Our's was not a chance meeting 

Me: Then ?

Raghav: It was not coincidence, it was a well executed plan

Me: What do you mean ?

Raghav: Lehar, I really love you remember that okay ?

Me: Ah, out with it okay ?

Raghav: I saw your profile in Matrimony website and liked you. I was intrigued b your background, your dad approached me and we met once while he spent his time getting to know me.

Later, he told me you were not interested to meet in this set up. I did not want to lose you, so he thought keeping me as a tenant would take the pressure off, give you a chance to know me and he was right we fell in love ...

Me: What the hell, it was not destiny ?

Raghav: Nope, I did not want to hide this ....

Me: I need to go, please leave me alone 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is the new update

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu