Chapter 20

Lehar POV

I looked at my attire for today and took a deep nervous breathe in. Pihu ran into my room and gave me a string of flowers to hook it up in my hair which was in a bun. I was wearing an offwhite and golden saree pairing it with silver jewelry. I applied slight make up for the special day and I looked satisfied at the output.

Me: Pihu how do I look ? 

Pihu: You look very pretty mama. Just like me. 

I rolled my eyes at her and walked out of the room. Dad, was standing outside with a smile on his face and happy tears in his eyes.

Me: Dad, please dont get emotional. Its a happy day.

Pihu: Now I know where my mom gets it from 

Me: What ?

Pihu: Shedding happy tears 

I chided her for her mocking and she thankfully kept quiet. We all reached the venue and I slowly left to my assigned space while my family got seated on the chairs. After about 20 people I heard my name being called. I walked up my dias and with a great pride took the diploma off from my department HOD. 

I heard hootings and whistles and looked at the seating area. Dad, Pihu and Raghav, stood up holding the decorated hoardings which said " Congratulations on graduation". I smiled and waved at them. I looked at my dad and Pihu with a million dollar smiles, pride in their faces. When I looked at Raghav, he had a dimpled smile on his face, his eyes watery but held the same pride I saw in my families eyes. Before I broke the eye contact I saw him throwing air kisses at me. I glared at him while he just laughed and winked.

Once all the graduates picture was done, I walked to my family. Each had flowers in their hands for me

Me: When did you get all these things ? Flowers, the banners and the confetti

Pihu: Raghav got everything 

Me: So the urgent work you had at your job was just pretence ?

Raghav: Well, yeah but I wanted to surprise you 

Me: Its a wonderful surprise 

Dad: Come Lehar, we have a whole day planned for you. You are going to be amazed by the end of the day

Me: Okay, lets go 

Dad got his cab, Pihu swiftly got seated in the front seat beside dad while I was sitting with Raghav. Once we were seated, Pihu and dad got involved in their conversation ignoring me while we both were stealing glances and smiling at each other.

We were like two teenagers waiting to speak to each other while afraid that someone would see us. He took out a small notepad from his pocket and scribbled something giving it to me. I quickly took it and opened the note to see his cursive handwriting 

"Congratulations on the graduation my love ",

I mouthed a thank you and carefully slid the note into my purse. As the graduation robe was a bit uncomfortable I unhooked it, carefully folding it. An another note appeared in my vision when I smiled and took it

"You look so astonishing in that saree that you take my breath away",

I blushed at that note and kept it safely in my bag. He looked at Pihu and dad deep in conversation and slowly locked his fingers with mine. The gesture was so sweet and yet so intimate. 

I looked outside hiding my happiness and recollected the last 6 months which were tough and yet filled with hope and anticipation. All  throughout Raghav has been very understanding and patient being the best friend I needed.