Chapter 15

Lehar POV

Today was saturday. I woke up with loads of excitement and anticipation. I was filled with a strange positivity.

I quickly made a list of all the books I need to buy. These are the referance books which my professor suggested. I got ready later, strangely I picked to wear a yellow brownish maroon cotton saree which looked great for my complexion.

I planned to wear my hair in a bun but I left my curls untied and idle on my shoulders. I sprayed my special perfume and moisturized my skin, applying lip gloss. I came out and Pihu was watching her cartoons but when she saw me she whistled.

Me: Pihu !! Where did you learn that ?

Pihu: Come on mom, be cool. Boys do it all the time and no one stops them. Why cant I hoot for my mother when she is looking sooo goood 

I blushed at this compliment and kissed her on the cheek

Me: Sorry sweet heart, thank you for the compliment. But, you are only hooting for your family okay ?

Pihu: Sure 

Dad: You look great Lehar. There is something different about you today ?

I was talking to dad about our plan when I heard Raghav's voice from behind

Raghav: Ready to go ?

I turned towards him listening to his voice. He was trying to hook his watch straps and when I turned towards him, he looked at me shocked, dropping his watch on the floor. The drop clearly amused me but I felt bad for his watch.

He quickly retrived his watch and hooked it on his arm. His moments hinted towards nervousness 

Pihu: Raghav, you gotta be careful with your watch. By the way how is mom looking ?

Raghav let his eyes run over all of me and cleared his throat when he realized he was gawking.

Raghav: Pihu, you know you are a very smart, pretty girl ?

Pihu: Thank you, but it does not answer my question

Raghav: You are very pretty and I think you get that from your mother

I took a suprised intake of breathe at his direct compliment. I looked at dad and my daughter but they really did not seem to mind. Werent dad's supposed to be strict ? Werent daughters supposed to play a bone or be possessive of her mother's love ?

Dad: Lehar, take the umbrella, just in case if it rains 

I nodded 

Pihu: Mom, get my story books okay ?

Me: Okay, but promise me, not a lot of tv and video games okay ? You will listen to your tatha okay ?

Pihu: Chill mom, you go have fun 

She winked at Raghav. What the hell was that ? I looked at Raghav and he did not meet my eyes. What is he upto?

We walked outside beside each other and I leaned towards him to whisper

Me: What was that wink about ? Why did she wink at you ?

Raghav: I have no idea why 

I felt like he was avoiding answering the question but I let it go. We went to the bus stop near our home and took a bus. It was an a/c bus and we both got our seats in the middle, sitting next to each other.

He opened his back pack and handed me a cover. I opened it to find 2 of my favorite novels in his hand

Raghav: In your wishlist you wrote about completing your favorite novels which you did not get time for yet. So, I got these from the loft, we have 2 hours so you can finish a book right ?

I looked at him surprised and nodded, he handed a book to me and I got busy with the plot. It was engaging and fun. I was done with my book in an hour and I turned to look at him. He had laid his head on the backrest sleeping while listening to his music.

He looked very peaceful and handsome. I looked at him observing his features, his wavy hair dancing on his forehead, his five o clock shadow giving him a mature look. His lips pink like he applied a lip blam. His face although looks peaceful right now has a rugged look. His breathing even.

I started reading the second book too when his head slowly fell on my shoulder. I looked towards him and he looked deep in his sleep. I tried to rest his head back in his original position. But, after a while he was about to fall back and hurt his head or neck when I let his head fall on my shoulder.

When I thought I will let him be as he was sleeping, I saw that a sunray was falling directly on his face. I carefully slid the curtain and when I did that he sighed with content and slid deeper into the crook of my neck in his sleep.

For a second, I was shocked and then I felt like it was natural, I liked it and I let it be. Slowly, I felt my eyes dropping. I never realized when I rested my head on his taking in the warmth until the conductor woke us both loudly and we banged our heads together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is the new update

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu