Chapter 18

Lehar POV

2 weeks after

I was working on my assignment when I heard the knock on the door. I opened it to find a tired Raghav standing on the other side. He smiled in greeting and came in while I started serving him the food.

He washed his hands and face, sitting down to eat 

Raghav: I was famished, this curry is so good

Me: Thank you 

He gulped down the food while I continued finishing the assignment. In between I looked at him but he was not looking at me, rather he was scrolling through his phone. When he said that he was not going to bother me or bring up the topic again, he was serious. He was keeping his promise.

I submitted the assignment when I heard him clear his throat and I looked at him

Raghav: Thank you for the dinner Lehar. After a tough day, this meal really made me happy

Me: What happened at work today ? You seem really tired 

Raghav: I .. 

He started saying something but stopped himself

Me: What ?

Raghav: I dont want to bother 

He started to get up but I wanted to know what caused him to feel so tired and frustated

Me: Raghav, I do really want to know

He looked at my face and sat back down 

Raghav: So at my architectural firm we have a major client coming in. Me and my collegue are both bidding for the contract hoping that the client approves one of our designs. As we both are abled ones the firm put us as competitors. Whoever wins not only has a huge responsibilities, they also get a few major shares for getting that client. 

Me: So, you have already worked on the designs right, they are good?

Raghav: How do you know that ?

Me: Well last week I came to give you your breakfast as you were suffering from Migrane, I saw the designs on your desk.

Raghav: Oh yes, you think they are good ?

I nodded 

Raghav: Anyways, the collegue who is bidding for the contract is older and is a favorite one for the firm. There are already rumors that, they have decided the winner. After working so hard, I ...

Me: You feel lost and frustated? Its unfair right ?

Raghav: Exactly, I dont even know if I want to particpate in the competition

He ran his hand through his hair and I felt angry for him. I put my hand over his to support him

Me: You are good Raghav, never doubt that. The whole duplex plan was amazing. I know how passionately you explained the plan to Pihu, being an 8 year old she understood it and found it cute so I believe that client will like it too. Just give your best, then leave it to destiny.

He looked at our hands, a small smile playing on his lips until he realized something and took his hand away. He was still upset about the discussion we had in the morning. He was leaving when I held his hand in mine.

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised

Me: I need to tell you something 

He looked at my face and sat down with a sigh

Raghav: Fine, tell me

Me: I like you too Raghav 

When I said that his whole face changed. It glowed, his eyes twinkled, his dimples appeared on his cheek. He took my hands in his kissing it.

Raghav: I am so glad you said the truth out. I was so sure you liked me too but when you ignored me I thought may be I misjudged the whole signs. You made me so happy Lehar, we gotta celebrate.

Saying that he pulled me towards himself carressing his knuckles on my skin while I closed my eyes enjoying his touch until I realized I still need to talk to him. I held his hand which was on my face and looked into his eyes

Me: Raghav, I do like you but 

Raghav: Oh no there is a but ...

Me: It you listen further it would be good

Raghav: Fine, tell me

Me: My course will take 6 more months to complete. While that is happening, I am trying to get Pihu into this international school. It is a perfect ambience for a student and it focus more of a practical application of the knowledge rather than the regular schools, there is a scholarship exam which I need to help her prepare. I also have a very big orders which I took up to save for her fees if she gets in. 

Raghav: What are you saying Lehar?

Me: I like you too but right now I need myself for graduating this time around and Pihu needs her mother. Give me 6 months, if you are able and willing to wait, so that I can achieve my priortized goals, then when that is over, I am yours.

He took a step back suprised and turned away. I thought he was leaving, may be he would why will somebody wait for 6 months ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Hope you are doing well

Here is the new update

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu