Chapter 35

Lehar POV

Me and Arjun we both were still reeling from the confrontations and the revelations of all the twists in our life. God, this is so messed up

Me: You should have been transparent to Prisha Di, that you love her. She thought until her last breath that although she loved you with all her heart you never really cared about her. When that talk about killing the girl child came, she felt like all the care you showered on her during the pregnancy was because you expected it was boy

Arjun: I am so sorry that she felt that but believe me when I say this, I really did fall for her ...

Me: You know what is sad ? She died thinking she was unloved, seeing her I made a promise to never fall in love or get into a marraige but your Raghav acted so well that I started thinking that I was an exception .. I was so wrong 

I looked at Raghav finally to say this, he needs to know the damage he had done by breaking my trust. For a second an emotion of remorse flashed through him but that got replaced by fright when he saw behind me. 

I turned and saw an old lady walking with a smirk on her face 

Arjun: Daii Maa

Dai Maa: Oh, so this is the famous Lehar who was used as a bait to get our grand daughter back 

Me: Why did you even want to meet her if you planned on killing her. Werent you planning on slipping some poison in Prisha Di's food ? You 

Arjun: Lehar, what are you talking about ?

Me: The truth, Prisha Di, always kept an eye on the people she suspected, She was always on alert around you, Dai Maa. She refused meals to be sent to her room and started cooking everything on her own.

 One day she saw her slipping the poison into the item she made when she stepped away for a second. She even gave a smug smile when she was caught by Di warning her to abort the baby. That day Prisha Di left your mansion.

Arjun held his head in his hand

Arjun: Dai Maa, is it true ? Didnt I warn you to get those foolish ideas out of your head when you planned to take my wife for abortion ? I told you to refrain from all this but you ...

Dai Maa : See, I saw this love you had for that girl which burned me inside. There my daughter was crying over you while you .. that is why I made her leave. But you got hung up on her and found out about your daughter. 

After instigating you to kill your daughter you kind off cut off from me, now I had a chance to get in your graces, so I proposed the whole plan to use Raghav and get our girl back. But this fool fell in love with her for real. He did not want to go ahead with our plan, so I emotionally blackmailed him to make him do this.

I looked at Raghav shocked and he looked at me, meeting my eyes. His eyes held tears. He really did love me? 

Arjun: I cannot believe you blackmailed him. Our plan was to get her here and I thought Arjun was willingly doing it for me, when he came forward to help.

Dai Maa: You are mad or what ? I showed him how much you supported him after his parents died and how you were falling sick for your daughter. The love he had for you convinced him. He went and in the little days he was there, dont know what black magic she did he started refusing to go ahead with our plan. 

I stepped in and arranged to kidnap Pihu and once attack this girl, he recognized the thug to be one of our man and assured me that he will follow through the plan. This fool got scared for this women. 

She walked to me and held my face in her rough cold hands. Her nails digging into my cheeks.

Dai Maa: Why were you so into her I still dont get it 

Right at that second Raghav stood between her and me, putting himself in front of Dai Maa, protecting me

Raghav: You blackmailed me and I got carried away with fear thinking that atleast I am helping my uncle. But, now that I know the whole truth about what all mistakes uncle did, what all nasty plans you made, I now know Lehar was never at fault. 

I was told in the beginning that  Lehar had played a part in killing Prisha and ran away with Pihu. When I did my own investigation, the ex cop found out through Prisha's ex collegues, where she worked as a teacher, on how these both were thick friends and how Prisha died in accident with Lehar injured.

 I also happened to see Prisha writing over her unborn kid's life to Lehar and her family if something happened to her. Then I realized I was lied to. The day I saw Pihu and Lehar together I was assured that it was not a kidnap , rather it was a misunderstanding. Lehar loved Pihu too much, that was enough for me to call it off until Dai maa blackmailed me.

Dai Maa: Stop blaming me, I wanted the test for Arjun

Arjun looked at her betrayed and called the guards

Arjun: Throw her out after paying her salary for all these years

Dai Maa looked betrayed and started shouting before getting escorted outside

Me: Can I please meet my daughter now ? I am sure you know I have all the documents in place. Pihu is my adopted daughter and Prisha Di, gave her to me.

Arjun called the helpers to bring Pihu and then took my hands in his. His face wet with tears.

Arjun: Please Lehar, she is my Pihu. She is my Prisha's daughter. Please let me have her 

Me: I cannot live with out her Arjun. I love her and ....

He folded his hands in front of him, begging me

Arjun: Fine, atleast can you tell her the truth and ask her if she wants to spend her time here? I am her dad Lehar. Give me a chance ..

Before I replied Pihu walked in. She was fine. I ran to her and engulfed her in a hug, kissing her on her face. Pihu was in tears and hugged me tight. She finally kissed away my tears, hugging me close.

Raghav's POV

The truth was out and the culprit was thrown out from the mansion. Lehar was finally in peace holding her daughter close. The smile she had on her face upon meeting her daughter was amazing. 

I already trusted that she was not at fault but I also know misunderstandings need to be cleared while esuring my family's safety, so I thought being right in front of my uncle will ensure that they both are safe.

I was still staring at the mother and daughter when Lehar fell down on the ground. That is when I saw the blood oozing from her feet. 

I carried her and cried out for help all the while praying she was okay

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

Here is the new update

Please vote and comment

Hope you like the new revelations

Regards,

Indu