Chapter 7

Pihu POV

In the morning I woke up myself to see that mom was already out of bed and was making my tiffin. I wished good morning to her and rushed to my room to finish getting ready for school. Once we were all ready I sat down in front with my mother and saw that Tatha was driving the car with a grim expression.

Yep, my Thatha was sulking for sure 

Me: Maa, looks like Tatha is sulking 

Mom: I am sorry Dad, I promise I have not ran him off as you think I did. I just noticed he was in love with his wife. To be honest I am not inclined towards relationships. You know why I am scared too, so please understand.

Me: Yes Thatha, please forgive my mom. To be honest that guy was not suited for my mom at all you know ? 

Thatha: Oh really ? What kind of guy is good for your mother ?

Me: The one whose entrance will change her thinking about relationships. She will look at him, interact with him and bam, she will be eager to be with him

Thatha giggled at my words while mom slapped the back of my head playfully

Mom: Hello, you dont want my opinion regarding this ?

Me: Okay, tell me mom, what kind of guy do you want ?

Mom: I dont want any guy because I am happy being a mother of Pihu

Before I tried to argue, my school was in front of me, I hugged mom, waved at Thatha and left to go inside.

Lehar's POV

Me: Did you know she had all this dreams for me ?

Dad: She loves you and she wants you to find happiness just like me

Me: I wish I can dad but after her ...

Dad: I love her but I am really disappointed that just by her experience you are rejecting everybody. Look at how happy I was with your mom ...

Me: Dad, it could be just her story, but we never know how many of them out there has stories like that. You know the whole story and you know my story. Which guy would willingly want a women like me, a single mother with a daughter ? And what is the guarantee that the momentary attraction they might feel for us would last longer. We cannot forget that there is Pihu in the dynamic, the world is bitter today, what if they dont get along or what if he mistreats her. 

Dad: I understand all your insecurities Lehu, but can you promise me one thing. If ever destiny brings you an opportunity which does steal your heart you would not reject it ?

I looked at him unsure on what to say 

Me: I dont know dad, but I will promise that if it happens in real, I will not turn my back to it but I will ensure and throw a lot of hurdles to ensure I am making the right choice

Dad: I know you promised to keep me happy, and I know getting over your insecurities might take time. But please, just be with an open mind okay ? 

Me: Okay, but lets leave it to the destiny. If god wants usto have a miracle then who I am I to turn my back to it ? But until then, you will not do trials in matrimony

Dad: Ofcourse 

Why does it look like he is hiding something ?

Me: Dad, are you alright? Why do you look uncomfortable?

Dad: Nothing, chill. There is the office you had to get down at. Go, do your thing I will wait.

I looked at my suddenly anxious dad but decided to ask him later. I took the boxes and went inside the corporate building.

Dad POV

I ensured that she did really go inside and dialed the number in my pocket. The person at the other end picked up after a few rings

Me: We need to talk, can we meet in an hour ?

That person: Okay, will meet in the restaurant near the cross roads

Me: Fine, please dont be late

That person: Okay, I wont 

I hung up the phone and took a deep breathe. I gotta clean the mess I was about to make. My daughter would have killed me if she got a hint of what I was doing behind her back.

I met that person in the restaurant

Me: We need to abort the mission

That person: Why?

Me: I promised my daughter that I will let destiny take its course. I think it would be better like that

That person: Are you sure ?

Me: Yes, thank you for meeting me and good luck on your bride search

We spoke for another 10 minutes and he left.

Once he departed I deleted the online profile which I created and prayed to the god.

Please god, as my grand daughter says, let my daughter meet her prince even with all these complications.

Now, what kind of guy would you be sending for my Lehar ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is the second update of the day

So guys, what kind of a guy would be good for Lehar's personality ?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu