Chapter 5

Lehar POV

Me: Dad, I will be back in 3 hours. Just have to handover the party orders. Pihu, please finish your assignment by then. I will go over it then.

Pihu nodded and I kissed the top of her head and hired a cab because dad is watching Pihu while me and Lakshmi are going and handing over the orders. The big mover's auto we hired for an hour came and put our vessels inside. Then we went our way, delivered our food, got our empty vessels and came back by 4 hours. 

No matter how much I try to be on time, by the time me crack up the polite conversation, talk about our home food and take our payments it becomes more time then we anticipate to be done.

I came inside my home with Lakshmi and I was shocked to see that the living room was filled with guests. Why do I feel like something is wrong ?

Dad: My daughter is here, she is Lehar. She runs a cloud kitchen and a catering business on her own ..

Me: Not exactly on my own ..

Dad: She is very down to earth, I told you right ? 

They nodded and smiled

Aunty: Lehar, please sit with us 

I sat down and dad sat down beside me in the couch, holding my hand in his. What is happening here ?

Aunty: My son loves home cooked meals, its amazing to know that you are a great cook

Me: Oh, you want me to send him packed homemade meals. Just tell the address and I will send him ...

Dad: Lehar, this is Mrs. Rao and that is Mr. Rao. He is Rishi, their son

I greeted them with my hands folded as a sign of respect and they looked very pleased. Why are they excited with my greeting ?

Aunty: My son Rishi was quite taken by your profile when he saw it online. When we saw your profile and the picture I never thought you will look so young

Me: Profile ?

Aunty: Yeah, your profile on the matrimony website 

What ?

What is happening here ?

I was shocked but then realized whose work might it be 

Me: Dad 

Dad: Lehar, please tell them to have the snacks. They are being very shy.

Me: Please have the snacks, Aunty 

Dad: She made them 

With every compliment he is showering on me the annoyance and anger in me increased bit by bit with every second

Me: Aunty, I dont know if you know. I am a single mother and I have a daughter.

Aunty: Yes, we know. We have no problem. Rishi lost his wife a few years ago, it took him a while to move on. Now, he is ready to give life a second chance.

I looked directly at Rishi and he gave a kind smile

Me: I am sorry for your loss Rishi. Can we talk alone ?

Aunty: Great, while she looks all traditional she is quite extroverted haan ?

Aunty could not really digest the prospect of us speaking alone but she composed her displeasure. My dad guided us to the terrace and I looked at Rishi, my supposed suitor

Me: Are you really looking for a companion ?

He looked up, hesitating to answer

Me: Are you over your past ? I am asking this question because its not easy to get over your pain and insecurities and be ready for an arranged match 

Rishi: I thought I was and it is all what my family talks about, hating the fact that I am living my life alone. Now that everything got real, I am unsure of everything. How do I even tell them that her memories are still alive in me. How did you know I was not ready ?

Me: You were looking at your ring all the while and when she lied that it was you who picked my profile you wanted to interrupt but she held your hand with that look.

Me: Come on, no one is really okay with a single mother who was never married before. Society is not that advanced to tie up their successful, single, and eligible son to a women like me, without a proper job or degree and with baggage, willingly.

Rishi: I just wanted to make them happy

Me: You think you can do this but then when you are really with a person who you dont love or vice versa that is when you will feel like it is a big life imprisonment

Rishi: Thank you for noticing my qualms. I was wondering how to tell you. 

Me: Its fine, good luck

He nodded and he was about to leave before he turned back

Rishi: You are wrong about one thing Lehar mam, may be there are people who are still stuck up in their idealogies and may be not really equipped to accept a women who was brave enough to take up parenting without a degree. 

But, when it is a right kind of relationship, the attraction, the spark and the connection you both would share will want them to be with you even with all the complications. They cannot help but be with you ..

Me: I cannot believe you of all people believe in love

Rishi: Me and my wife were college buddies and then we fell in love. Astrologically my data sucked and they said I would not be alive or some shit like that but she married me even then with lots of noise from her parents, we had a blissful 4 years after which she died, Cancer took her away. 

But, all those memories, keeps me happy and satisfied. She is my hero, she fought for me with everybody but I cannot believe she would fight with the destiny too, so that she could prove everybody wrong.

He looked around took a deep breathe composing imself. I handed him a glass of water and he drank it in

Rishi: Gotta go and fight for her memories now. Wish me luck.

Me: All the best 

Rishi: Remember what I said about love, dont be so skeptical and bitter about a companion

I smiled but only I know why I have such low regard for relationships keeping those blessed soul mates out of the count. Rishi went away with his parents, he finally looks free. I saw my Dad furiously coming up the stairs

Dad: I cannot believe you just let him go

Me: He was forced into this just like I was 

Dad: You kids dont know what is good for you, he was lonely and you were sad and ..

Me: Dad, he was happy and content with his wife's memories. I never want to be in a relationship.

Dad: Why? 

Me: Because of what happened before Pihu was born and did you easily forget the dead ..

Dad wiped his hands on his face

Dad: I cannot believe an already dead person has this control on your life ...

Me: Dad, please leave me alone. I might never be ready to be in this love, it just hurts and leaves you shattered ...

Dad: I wish you see the passion in love again so that you would willingly want to fall in that ...

Me: It is not a dream land dad, its a real world and its bitter

Saying that I left to go downstairs while Dad just stood there helpless. I am so sorry, Dad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

Here is the new update

Hope you like it

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu