Construct-20 : Evol & Rabbit ( II )

" Aaah... "

As Evolto held the albino rabbit in his arms, he prepared his jaw in order to sink them into the creature's throat.

* squeaks *

* squeaks *

* squeaks *

Just as he was about to end the creature's life right then and there however, tiny squeaking sounds can be heard in the walls of the house.

* SQUEAK! *

The rabbit in his hands, as if replying to the noise, let out a squeak of it's own.

" Hmm? "

" What are you–? "

Suddenly, he remembered that rabbits in the wild tend to leave their young in order to avoid attracting the attentions of predators.

Mothers would usually only return to their nests once or twice a day to nurse their kits, staying far away from the den otherwise when not doing so.

" Ahhh.... "

" I see, so that's how it is.... "

Evolto said in realisation.

" You got your runts here, right....? "

" Well, that makes it better for me. "

" I'll kill your babies right in front of you, then leave one alive to watch as I drain all the blood out of you. "

" Hehehehehehehe.... "

" A meal and entertainment, how exciting.... "

He then began looking for the litter, finally finding them in a room adjacent to where he woke up.

It was a litter of three kits.

One resembles it's mother with white fur and red eyes.

Meanwhile, the other two has some changes in the color of their eyes and fur that differentiated them from their mother.

The one right next to the white kit is blue in color, with brown eyes.

Meanwhile, the one that is furthest away from the two is mostly orange in color, with only the middle of it's body containing white stripes.

" Found them....! "

* SQUEAK! *

The rabbit in Evolto's hand signaled for it's young to run away.

However, perhaps due to being newborns, the kits did not heed their mother's warning as they continued to let out small squeaks to their mother.

* squeaks *

* squeaks *

* squeaks *

" Well, well. Seems like the younglings didn't know what's coming for them. "

" Hello there, little ones. "

" I am going to eat your mother, okay? "

" Hehehehe.... "

Evolto then picked one of the kits up, holding their mother undearneath his arms.

" Well then, thanks for the meal~ "

He opened his mouth, lowering the small rabbit as he did so.

* squeak! *

The small rabbit in front of him let out a squeak,

* squeak! *

* squeak! *

The other two on the floor squeaked alongside it.

' These rodents are so stupid, aren't they? '

' Don't they realise that there is nothing they can do to change their situation? '

' Ahh...but what a pity. '

' Not even a few days into their new life, and– '

" ..... "

Evolto then stopped what he was doing, his body standing perfectly still.

In his mind, his previous thoughts echoed.

' Not even a few days into their new life... '

* squeak! *

The squeak coming from the kit in front of him quickly snapped him out of his own thoughts.

" ..... "

" ..... "

" I see.... "

' So even this tiny rabbit is struggling to live it's new life.... '

He then did something so unthinkable that, if someone in his previous world were to saw it, their eyes would pop out of its sockets.

He let the rabbits in his arms go.

Even he himself is not sure of the reason why he did so, as well as the emotions in his chest currently.

' What....is this....? '

The mother rabbit then ran into it's litters, and the rabbit kits immediately started drinking from her teets, having been starving all day long.

Evolto just watched as the rabbit youngs fed themselves.

" * sighs * "

She then sighed to herself.

" Count yourself lucky that I've lost my appetite for the day. "

" Not that I would ever eat a creature as repulsive as you( even if it killed me again ). "

She then began to lay down on the floor, her head feeling the cold floor below her.

' This body needs sleep as well as nutrition, so I guess I'll get some sleep... '

' .... '

She stared at the rabbits, still feeding on their mother's milk as she laid there on the floor with her.

' ....What is this feeling...? '

Were the last thoughts of the girl as her consciousness departed for the dream world.