Construct-28 : Ready? Go! To Soukai City! ( II )

" Yo, stupid vermin. "

" Long time no see. "

A pale haired girl said jokingly to the rabbit in front of her.

" ....(stare)..... "

" ...I see that you've almost gotten yourself killed while I was gone. "

" (sigh)....Honestly, what will you do without me... "

Picking the rabbit up into her arms, Evolto then sprinted towards the house where the rest of the rabbits were.

In order to find out what prompted her to turn back to the town, one would have to look back to 2 hours ago.

2 hours ago, in the middle of the main road to Soukai City

" I've been walking this road for a couple hours now... "

" If that signage back there was right, I should be halfway there... "

Evolto then stopped her pace for a while, before finding a comfortable spot by the roadside.

' Hmm...this should do. '

She then set down the satchel bag she was carrying onto the grassy spot.

Then, she proceeded to take out a jar containing the remaining coffee beans from the bag.

" Well, now that I'm already close to the city, can't hurt to take a break for a while before continuing the trip. "

" I'm already craving for some coffee anyway... "

Evolto then poured one of the bottled water she was carrying inside the satchel into the kettle, before putting her hand underneath it.

A few minutes later, she can feel that the water inside the kettle is boiling due to her hand supplying heat using her powers.

* WHISTLE *

" Oh? It's ready! "

Evolto said gleefully.

She then poured the hot water into a cup containing the coffee grounds she produced from the bag.

Afterwards, she mixed the pitch black mixture using her finger.

" ...Well then, "

Evolto then took a sip of the coffee, but strangely enough, she didn't spit it out like she usually does.

* SIP *

* GULP *

* GULP *

Unlike the usual where she would just spit the coffee after the first sip, Evolto kept on sipping the coffee to the point she ended up gulping the entire thing in one go.

" Ahhhh.... "

She sighed after drinking the whole thing, leaving not even a single drop inside the cup.

" .... "

Evolto then looked at the cup in her hand.