Construct-30 : Eva Winters ( I )

Inside of a bedroom in a certain coffee shop

Evolto, who was sleeping on the bed got up as she yawned.

* YAWN *

A night had passed since she had been taken in by the couple, who had let her stay after she woke up.

" .... "

Now she is silently looking down at the bed sheet.

She recalled the scene that happened yesterday, when she said her new name to the couple.

Flashback

" M-my name is...Eva. "

"" ..... ""

Just as she said the name, the atmosphere in the room suddenly took a turn.

Both Adam and Ashley was simply frozen, mouth agape as they stared at the girl.

Adam then proceeded to break the silence

" ....I-Is that so.... "

" Eva.... "

Ashley said, yet her face seems so full of sorrow, as if hearing the name itself threatened to spill tears out of her eyes.

" W-Why...? "

Eva asked, her mind in total panic as she thought that the name she gave was a safe one.

Adam answered the girl's question

" No....It's not your fault. "

He said, reassuring the girl as well as trying to calm his wife's heart.

Ashley then said

" ....We had a daughter. "

" Her name was Eva. "

This revelation completely caught the white-haired girl off guard.

' What are the chances...?! '

She thought to herself.

Ashley continued

" ....She has Adam's white hair, as well as my blue eyes.... "

" ....Just like you. "

" .... "

At the sentence, Eva can only look silently at the couple.

Adam then continued

" ...She died a year ago, during a visit to Nagazora City. "

" There was a Honkai Eruption... "

He said, his face full of sorrow as he recalled the event.

' Honkai Eruptions... '

' Those must be the phenomenon that occurs when the beings called Herrschers appear somewhere in this world... '

Eva recalled from the memories she gained.

Honkai Eruptions, also known as Honkai Outbreaks, will generally occur when massive amounts of Honkai Energy is gathered in an area.

This will result in an organism, usually humans, absorbing said energy in the area.

It would typically cause such humans to be turned into midless infected, however in rare instances if an organism absorbs enough Honkai Energy then it will began a process of metamorphosis in their biology.

This process results in the creation of beings called Herrschers.

Herrschers are beings that have been corrupted both physically as well as mentally by the Honkai, and act as the herald to it's will in order to exterminate humanity.