Construct-8 : Escape from Schicksal (III)

* PANT *

* PANT *

* EXHALES *

' I've defeated it, but....damn, this body had already gotten way too exhausted... '

' And it managed to wound me as well....damn it. '

Evolto lamented on his current situation.

He already had a hard enough time outrunning his pursuers, and they are slowly catching up to him.

Now that he is exhausted and injured, there is no telling if he can even make it to the exit in one shape.

His next battle might as well be his last if this goes on.

' If only I had some blood with me....damned robots....'

' Should I go back to one of the bodies to heal up...? '

' But the remaining ones could already be close...'

' Damn, I'm really in a pickle jar this time...'

Evolto was a member of the Blood Tribe. And just like the name suggests, they are able to ingest blood from other organisms in order to heal any wounds, be it fatal or superficial, as well as restoring their vitality and stamina.

Due to his opponents being mostly robots, and thus lacking a biological component that can be called 'blood', Evolto hadn't got the chance to recover from his continuous battles.

The possibility that he might be killed, or even worse, captured and being made a lab rat finally surfaced in his mind.

' Don't make me laugh...I am not about to be bested by some humans again....and I certainly won't be their toy either.'

' I won't let it happen... '

' Not this time. '

* step * * step *

* step * * step *

* step * * step *

" !! "

The sounds of footsteps approaching quickly snapped Evolto out of his thoughts as he continued to make a beeline for the exit.

' I will survive this....'

———————————————————

Ten Minutes of Running Later

' Yes! That's it! '

' The exit! '

Evolto hurrahed in his head.

Ever since the fight with the Aesir Baldr he hadn't encountered any enemies on his way to the exit.

Now he only had about 100 meters left until he reaches the door to his freedom.

' Great! Now, time to leav–WHA–! '

' DAMN IT! '

' I SHOULD'VE EXPECTED THERE WOULD BE GUARDS GUARDING THE EXIT! '

He cursed out loud inside.

There are two guards covering the exits, and they each carry an energy rifle as well as a pulse katana on their sides.

Had he not been injured and exhausted as he was, he's confident that he can subdue the two without breaking a sweat.

However, reality is a cruel misstress, as one of the guards had noticed his approach and started aiming her rifle at him.

Before she can shoot however, Evolto quickly whipped out one of the handguns he acquired and took aim at the guard's head, before pulling the trigger.

As he did so the bullet was fired, and just as quickly as he pulled the trigger, the bullet arrived at its intended destination inside of the woman's head.

Not even taking the time to confirm whether or not the shot hit his target, Evolto immediately flicked his trigger-hand onto the direction of the other guard.

However, the remaining guard proved to be much faster than the exhausted alien, and before Evolto can pull the trigger to end the woman's life, she had already fired a shot towards him.

Not having enough time to properly avoid the shot, Evolto moved his body to the left, away from the bullet's trajectory .

The bullet ended up hitting his hand and grazing it, at the same time deflecting the gun away from his hand.

He did such a move on purpose in order for the bullet to hit the least vital part of his body.

' Damn! Guess this hand's useless for now...! '

Evolto thought to himself as he readied his weapon.

Realising that it would take too long to take out his other pistol and aim it at the woman, he simply used the sword that was already in the grip of his other hand and threw it towards the guard.

Just as the woman was about to take another shot, she noticed a blade flying towards her, and swiftly dodged away from it's trajectory.

However, just as the woman was about to take aim again, Evolto was already close enough to her.

Close enough within kicking distance.

At the same time as the woman pulled the trigger to fire another shot, Evolto jumped, narrowly missing the bullet by the skin of his teeth.

Before the woman can pull the trigger again to let out another bullet however, Evolto's foot was already covering her entire field of view.

That was the last scene the woman witnessed before being sent flying by Evolto's kick.

* PANT *

* PANT *

* EXHALES *

' Good...Let's lea–'

* BANG *

A bullet resounded.