Construct-25 : Nascita, Touto, Hokuto, Seito ( I )

A few days later

* tap *

* tap *

* tap *

* tap *

* ta‐ *

" I told you to STOP THAT!! "

A white haired girl shouted as she got up from the floor she slept on, brushing off the pile of rabbits that had gotten on top of her during her sleep.

" Ugh...is it morning again...? "

She was rubbing her eyes as she said so.

" This body had such a hard time waking up on it's own... "

" Thank god for the r–Wait, what am I saying?! "

Ever since coming to this deserted town, Evolto had established a daily routine of sorts.

Everyday she would begin her day by getting woken up by the rabbits( who would tap her face continuously until she did, thus instead of fighting it she decided to get up instead, albeit begrudgingly ).

Then, she would brew herself some coffee with the kettle and coffee beans she found( and immediately regret it after, yet she kept doing it anyway due to her body's unexplainable urge to consume it ever since she found the kettle ).

She would then have breakfast, in the form of blood from the rats she captured since she is unable to procure actual food from scavenging the buildings( not that she mind the taste or anything, just that she thought it would be nice to find something to pair with the coffee ).

* SNIFF *

* SNIFF *

"....Hm? What is that smell...? "

Evolto asked herself, smelling an unpleasant scent through her nose.

She then took a sniff of her own body.

" ....(sniff).... "

* COUGH *

* COUGH *

' Wait, it's me..?! '

Ever since she had woken up from the tank back at the laboratory, Evolto had not taken a shower once since then.

Adding on to the fact that her diet consists of rats, and that she had been sleeping on the floor of an abandoned house, and she is starting to smell like the rats that she ate herself.

" ....(cough)...(cough)...D-damn, I should really wash this body...the smell is starting to get to me... "

And thus, she began her morning routine, now adding shower to the list as well.

15 minutes later

* SLURP *

* SLURP *

" ....Ahhh... "

Evolto expressed in content, throwing the carcass of a shriveled rat in her hand away as she wiped the bloodstains on her lips.

She then inspected her body, before nodding in satisfaction towards her current condition.

" Good....at the rate this body is healing, I should be able to start traveling to that Sapphire City in a couple more days... "

" But... "

" The food source here is getting more and more scarce.... "

" I'm pretty sure I had already hunted almost all of the rats living here.... "

" Which means I may have to start moving sooner, regardless of whether or not I've fully recovered... "

As she was pondering her future course of action, she spotted an albino rabbit hopping towards her.

" Hm? Nascita? "

She called the rabbit by it's new name.

" Are you done nursing the kids? "

* SQUEAK! *

The rabbit in front of her let out a squeak as if to say 'yes' to the question.

In order to find out how the rabbit got it's new name, one would have to look to an incident that happened yesterday.