Making Up

"Please..please..it hurts," she pleaded to him while struggling against his firm grip. He cranked up the stove to maximum heat, causing her cries to turn hysterical. His eyes gleaming with a sinister glint, he looked unhinged. It seemed he was in a different world where her cries for mercy couldn't be reached. 

He didn't want to punish her but she was tempting him. Even the mere thought of someone else dwelling on her thoughts was unacceptable to him. He wanted her everything- from her body, her soul down to her thoughts. He wasn't going to share even an ounce of her with anyone. She was his. Only his.         

He whipped out her phone and placed it on the counter before her eyes. The screen revived, exposing the messages on notification.

"Who is he? Tell me the truth?" he demanded in a low but dangerous voice. She eyed the messages in confusion. She didn't remember meeting any man recently. The girl glanced up at Sin and shook her head. It was beyond her as to how he wasn't hysterical already, considering his hand was wrapped around hers.

"I..I am not lying. I don't know why is he messaging me. You can call and ask.....Please, let go..It hurts...aah," she begged as tears streamed down her flushed cheeks. He searched her tear-flooded eyes for a moment before releasing her hand. Nivi yanked her hand away from the boiling bowl and slumped to the floor, sobbing. Her hand had turned a scary shade of red.

Withdrawing his hand from the bowl, he picked up the phone and dialed the number while she kept her head downcast and wept inconsolably.

"Hello," a feminine voice spoke from another end, echoing loudly in the room. Sin didn't respond.

"Tim...Umm...I was hoping for a message but you surprised me..." Sin disconnected and looked over at Nivi. She was too lost in her own pain to look at him.

He approached her, prompting her to scamper backward in fear. 

"Please..please, I didn't do anything..please," she mumbled frantically, ready to bold but her legs had lost their power. The woman was shaking. Her beautiful face was now creased with numerous lines of anguish. Emotion clenched his chest.  

He crouched down to her level. He knew it now. It was a wrong number. He should have checked before asking her. He always cross-checked before taking action but this time, he didn't know why it didn't even occur to him. He was consumed by jealousy right away and couldn't think clearly. Whenever it came to her, he often found himself struggling with emotions. Emotions that are too foreign to him and as they are new, he doesn't know how to tame them.   

"Give me your hand, sweetheart. Let me treat the burn," he said and extended his hand to her. She shook her head, without meeting his eyes.

"Please..." she choked out, desperate to get out of his sight.

"I want to go...Release me, please..I want to go," she spewed out in a frenzy. She was beside herself with pain. 

Sin ignored her pleadings and focused on her wound. It was clear to him, she wasn't going to allow him near her. So, he bent forward and scooped her up in his arms. As if his touch had scalded her, she thrashed violently in his arms, struggling to get free. In her struggle, his palm's skin peeled off but he was too focused on her to feel it. Her panic-stricken sobs reverberated in the house.  

"Sshhhh...little one...I won't hurt you," he tried to soothe her but it was already too late. 

"Help...help..help," she screamed at the top of her lungs, struggling to her best capability, but he was too powerful.

He gently set her down on the edge of the bed, careful not to hurt her wounded hand. She immediately shrunk away, eyeing him with unfiltered fear. Those innocent eyes he had come to admire so profoundly, were now brimming with hysterical anxiety. His jaw clenched, he wasn't liking the way she was looking at him. But he can't blame her for that, can he? Regret flared within him. If only he had acted more rationally.