Warehouse

Nivi jolted awake, a hiss slipping through her mouth as she became conscious of the pain coursing through her entire body. She opened her bloodshot eyes and was greeted by the worn-out walls. With a groan, she pushed herself into a sitting position and glanced around the room. She froze and her breath caught in her throat as soon as her gaze landed on him- sitting on the chair like the devil himself. His callous eyes trained on her. He didn't so much as blink as her scream pierced through the still air. He just kept glaring down at her.  

She was quaking with fear now, her nerves strung tight. She knew he had caught her. And now he was going to show her hell. She desperately sought his eyes for mercy or any sentiment, but all she could find was a glacial hardness in them.     

"Please," she cowered away and pleaded in her trembling voice. Down on her knees and hands, she looked miserable. Anyone with an ounce of compassion in them would have been distressed by her condition but not Sin. Her pathetic appearance and the anguish in her eyes couldn't thaw his frosty glare.   

He rose to his feet, making her sob harder. She was petrified to her bones. As his approaching footsteps got louder, she lowered her head and curled into a protective position. Her skin had broken into goosebumps. 

She avoided eye contact as he crouched to her level. Reaching out with a hand, he brushed the sticky strands away from her face, causing her to flinch away in fear. 

"Leave me. Please," she choked out, her voice laced with desperation.  

"Who am I?" he questioned her in an even voice, a hint of darkness accompanying it. Nivi glanced up at him, not sure what he meant. Despite the chill in his tone, his face betrayed no emotions.  

"Who do you think I am?" he repeated, pushing her to reply. It was obvious he wanted her to answer. Nivi moistened her lips with her tongue, preparing herself to speak. 

"Ma..mafia lord," her voice held a catch as she answered. 

"And you think you can fool a mafia lord just like that," he stated while grazing the tip of his dagger down her cheek. She winced.  

"Please....put it away," she pleaded, eyeing the knife in horror. He grabbed the back of her head and forcefully pressed the tip beneath her jaw. She sobbed as the knife pierced into her skin, causing blood to drip out.

"Or was it that fucking agent? The one you were talking to through that stupid radio? He put all these bullshits in your head, didn't he?" he growled, a grate in his tone. She stilled. Ben. Where was Ben? Sin smirked, having read her thought. 

"Worried for your rescuer?" a hint of smirk danced on his lips as he pulled back to his feet. Just then a dim glow flooded the room, putting the spotlight on a man sprawled on the floor. He was battered and bloodied, looked lifeless. Her eyes widened in shock. 

"Ben," she shouted, stunned. The man stirred slightly. 

"He is alive.......... but won't be for long," Sin announced as he approached the fallen man with predatory strides.

"He is innocent. Don't hurt him..please...he was just helping me," she begged, caught in a frenzy of terror. He was going to kill him for helping her. No, no, no...it can't be. She can't have another death on her. 

"Please, please, please, let him go..I'll do whatever you want but please, set him free," she implored, anxious and desperate. 

She sat helplessly and watched as he paused and stooped down beside his prey.

Please," tears streamed down her cheeks as she mumbled in a broken voice.

"Don't ki..kill me, please," Ben's plea for mercy echoed in the air, causing her heart to twist in pain. Sin tsked.