Scars

Her eyes flung open, widening as she bolted up. Her hand quickly reached for the lamplight, her wide alarmed eyes darting around the room- corner to corner, searching for any sign of an intruder. But there was no one. She had felt like someone was inside her room, intensity so profound that it woke her from her sleep. Swallowing, she mustered her courage and threw aside the cover to get down the bed. Every nerve on edge, she cautiously made her way toward the door. As she drew closer, she grasped the knob with a racing heart and twisted it only to find it still locked. The realization both relieved and confused her. There is no way someone can get inside if the door is locked. A part of her urged her on to go out and investigate, but another begged for her to retreat to the safety of the bed and hide inside the cover. She chose the second option. Without delay, the girl traced her steps back to the bed and got on it.

This floor has ghosts roaming around. With a mix of anxiety and trepidation, she slipped back under the covers, completely forgotten about the another door. The light of her room remained on the entire night.

Her first task of the morning was to look for the caretaker so that he could move her to another room. After searching the entire house, she finally found him in the back garden. She asked him but his response wasn't what she was expecting. He refused stating all the rooms were already occupied. She suggested he ask around if anyone was interested in changing rooms with hers. Her suggestion was instantly struck down by the caretaker. He told her that absolutely no one was allowed to visit the top floor. It itself was a mystery as to why she was allotted that room, it had to be a mistake but it was already done. He cannot give that room to anyone else. Nevaeh dropped her shoulders and sighed, clearly disappointed.

The shooting began half 45 minutes later than scheduled. Today, they were going to shoot in the villa only as the building itself was a beauty.

The crew was milling about. Nevaeh stood beside Krystine, attentive to the list of instructions that the actress was giving her.

"Make me a black coffee. I am thirsty," Krystine commanded.
"But you should get some water if you are thirsty?" Nevaeh said, thinking she meant water.

Nevaeh looked up at her from her seat and fixed her with a dead glare.

"Don't use your brain too much, you will faint. Just do as I say. Get me my damn coffee," Krystine mocked her, thinking she was being funny. Nevaeh gave a stiff nod before taking her leave to make her princess madam coffee.

She quickly made the coffee as Krystine was just as impatient as she was short-tempered.

As she neared the set, a loud vicious bark echoed in the air all of a sudden. She paused in alert, her nerves pulled taut as she realized it was coming from right behind her. The bark was followed by a low growl, scaring her even more. She slowly turned around. Her heart stopped beating for a second when she noticed a scary wolf-kind hound looking in her direction. The dog gave another bark before launching off towards her. Nevaeh's soul left her body that very moment.

"A wolf. Help!" gripped by sheer panic, she dropped the mug and whirled around, screaming at the top of her lungs. She sprinted towards the set as swiftly as her feet could carry her. Her hysterical state and scream for help caught everyone's attention. The girl was too panicky to notice where she was headed and eventually ran into a wall. The collision had her falling on her butt.

"Ouch," she grunted in pain before glancing up. The sun reflecting in his shades caught her eyes first. Just her luck, the wall she had collided with was none other than Sin Volkov himself and she had fallen again in front of him. But a moment later, her eyes widened in surprise when he opened his arms and bent over. She was astounded beyond measure. He was offering help. Grateful, she extended her hand towards him. Before she could reach for his hand, the same dog she was running from swept into her line of sight and jumped into Sin's arms.