Her Escape

"Get in the back," he instructed low in her ear as he scanned their surrounding. Nivi leaned away to look at him. His stony expression and glowering eyes hinted at the danger lying ahead. He loosened his hold around her, which was a command for her to climb into the backseat. 

"Duck down and don't come up until I ask," he ordered as he drew out his gun. Nivi ducked low. Her heart was pounding crazy not out of fear but anxiety. Mikhail had delivered on his promise. Now she just had to wait for the perfect opportunity and flee from his clutches.   

Sin couldn't tell which rival group these scumbags belonged to as it was raining heavily and they were wearing masks. But what struck him as odd was the fact that they hadn't opened fire yet, despite having him cornered. His car had broken down and he wasn't alone. The second reason had him move right into defensive mode. Usually, the attacker, his only priority, right now, was to protect his butterfly. She was too fragile to endure this. He had to protect her at any cost. With that resolved in mind, he turned slightly to glance at her in the back. She was hiding under the seat, her face hidden by her hair. 

"I know you are scared but I promise I won't let them harm you. I'll protect you," he promised with a steely determination. He would tear apart the universe only to protect her and set the whole ablaze to keep her with him.

He turned away from her and opened his door to get out. He needed to take his attackers" attention away from his car even if it meant exposing himself to them. 

Raindrops pelted his face as he advanced towards his assailants in confident strides. His squared shoulders, upturned chin, and powerful gaze in the face of at least twenty guns trained on him testified to his fearless demeanor. 

"Stop or I'll shoot," one of the men warned, stepping backward as he came too close for his comfort. Smirking, Sin stopped.

"Who sent you?" Sin demanded, looking him dead in his eyes. His jet-black hair fell just short of his piercing grey eyes, lending him an intimidating appearance.   

"Your death," the man retorted. Menace darkened Sin's expression.   

"What are you waiting for then?" he questioned, exuding an aura of indifference. However, his eyes were another story. They were dark with malice. 

"We are not cowards. I'll give you a fair chance and if you win you are free to go but if you lose, I'll flood this road with your blood," the man proposed. Sin raised his brows. The audacity this motherfucker had.  

"A goon with morals. Interesting," Sin commented, already smelling something off. He dropped his gun to fight.  

At the snap of the goon's finger a man charged towards Sin. However, before he could touch him, Sin grabbed his attacker by his throat and struck a deadly blow in his gut. The man was soon overpowered by him. He was still fighting the first goon when he got tackled down by another. 

Nivi was quietly watching everything from inside the car. She was astounded to see how fearlessly he had walked up to his attackers and challenged them. It was beyond her as to how he was so unbothered and self-assured in the face of danger as life-threatening as this. She couldn't relate to him. His body language betrayed no hesitation, not an ounce of fear. This man didn't know fear.

Soon, his attention was completely taken over by goons. She wouldn't get a better opportunity than this to take off. She quickly got out of the car and raced in the opposite direction. Her heart was close to bursting through her chest, tears were flying down her cheeks as she ran with all her strength. She hadn't forgotten how he had retaliated to her earlier escape. Those dreadful memories still haunted her. She had been in constant fear since then. This monster had no boundaries, no regard for life. But she also knew if she had passed up on the opportunity his time, she would have never been able to forgive herself. After all, Mikhail was his friend. He knew him inside and out. He had promised her that he would keep Sin away from her. He had asked her to lay low for at least a year. He would forget about her in a year and then she would be free in a real sense. She hadn't stopped cursing the day she caught his eyes.