Longing For Her

Mikhail was in a meeting, presenting the company's latest product launch, when suddenly the door burst open, startling everyone. Sin stormed in, eyes blazing with rage, and charged at Mikhail. The room erupted in gasps as his fist slammed into Mikhail's jaw, sending him crashing to the floor with a loud thud. 

Mikhail, grunting in pain, looked up to find Sins looming over him. His murderous gaze bored into him with a terrifying intensity. Realization instantly dawned on Mikhail. Sin had found out the truth.  

Rage rolled off of Sin in waves, driving everyone else out of the room. Sin seized him by his throat, slowly hoisting him up to his feet.

"Where is she?" He snarled menacingly, resembling a maniac with no sense of right or wrong. 

"Where she should be," Mikhail choked out. Enrage, Sin hurled him against the wall. Mikhail groaned, feeling his insides jolt. 

"Where is she?" Sin demanded, impatient and restless. Mikhail struggled to breathe, unable to draw air when his insides were hurting like hell. He turned his eyes on him and matched his stare with his own.   

"Can't you see what a threat she was to you? She could have ruined you, Sin. Let her go," Mikhail replied, fueling his rage further. In three swift strides, Sin crossed over and pressed his foot against his throat. Mikhail's face screwed up in pain but Sin didn't relate. His icy glare drilled into Mike's face.  

"Do you really think you can keep her from me? She belongs to me. I'll destroy the world before letting her go," he growled out, pressing his shoe firmly against his throat. He then drew out his pistol.  "And I'll start with you," Sin added menacingly, aiming it at his friend. Mikhail swallowed but met the gun with an unwavering expression. 

"Where the fuck is she?" Sin asked again, sounding like a madman who could snap any moment. 

"I've promised her," Mikhail disclosed, steadfast in his stance. He was the one who had reached out to her, he had ignited hope within her. He was to blame for everything not her. She was innocent but he knew his friend wouldn't understand it. He was too far gone in his obsession for her. If he finds her out, he will punish her brutally.      

Sin glared down at him. He undid the safety and pressed on the trigger when suddenly a memory flashed. 

Sin was halfway submerged in a dustbin as he searched for something to eat. It had been two days since he had eaten anything. His stomach had begun to eat itself. 

"Who are you? What are you doing?" an unfamiliar voice demanded, making him pause. Sin rose from the basket and found a boy of his age standing in front of him. His clothes were tattered and he looked as if he hadn't bathed for days. He was a beggar. As Sin assessed him, his eyes fixated on the half-eaten burger he held. His hunger intensified. 

"Are you hungry?" the boy asked out of the blue. Sin raised his gaze to him, but remained silent. The boy approached him in quick strides and offered him his burger, "Have it."

Sin was initially wary of the beggar boy but the beggar boy insisted and so he took it. He bit into the burger and felt his tastebuds bursting with joy. 

"It's tasty, isn't it? A lady gave it to me after she found a fly inside it," the boy disclosed, grinning. 

"Are you a beggar too? If yes, then I'll have you know this is my area," the boy warned, quickly putting on his serious face. Sin didn't respond and continued to eat. The boy couldn't help but sympathize with him. 

"Alright, I'll take you under my wings but you'll have to follow my every rule. One step out of the line and I'll kick you out," the boy offered out of pity only to meet with indifference.